Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   David Harris Memorial ‘Riders for Health’ Charity Track Evening - Brands Indy 13 Sept (/showthread.php?t=34514)

Annette 06-Aug-2006 19:42

David Harris Memorial ‘Riders for Health’ Charity Track Evening - Brands Indy 13 Sept

For the second year running Kevin Healy (Focused Events) and Jonathan Palmer (MotorSport Vision) have kindly offered management and track for another evening event. To book, please phone Focused Events on 08702 646268. Details attached.
Its £59, all of which goes to R4H, plus, if you want to, there’s a sponsorship form so you can mug other people for dosh too! Sponsor form attached.
Whether you want a cheap full on track evening or perhaps you’ve never ridden a track in your life and feel like only doing one lap to say that you’ve done it, £59 smackers aint bad.
Last year you raised £7.5k. It would be great to exceed this and if we can keep the momentum up, who knows? The nice men at Focused and MSV might just do it again next year.
It’s for a good cause. Your £7.5k bought a health worker, motorcycle and much more last year.
And, many of you knew Dave. I think it’s a good way of remembering him and focusing on the fact that we’re not immortal and to have a bloody good time whilst we get the chance.
There’s a little stash of raffle prizes growing by the minute, and this thread will be updated as and when new bits and bobs appear (donations gratefully received;-). I’ll be attacking people for raffle money on the night. So far we have:

-A Nicky Hayden autographed cap (future world champ?) – donated by Riders for Health
-Some Ducati books – donated by Riders for Health
-‘Mission Accomplished’ Airwaves t-shirt autographed by Lavilla – donated by Darrell Healey
-Airwaves rider profiles (Haslam and Lavilla) autographed – donated by Darrell Healey
-Ducati Corse 'Pandoras Box' (a box of workshop goodies-wipes/disposable gloves/polishing cloths etc) - donated by Nat
- £100 voucher towards paintwork at Essex County Choppers in Upminster, Essex - donated by Chris/Ant E
- Ducati 1/1000 limited edition book - donated by Chris B
- R&G racing knee sliders – CSS
- Alpinestar ‘racing ahead’ socks (L/XL) – CSS
- Sportsmax Qualifier black, collar/button shirt – (M) – CSS
- 2 pair heather gray Alpinestar sport boxers (M) – CSS
- CSS black neck warmer – CSS
- Alpinestar black t-shirt (M) – CSS
- Alpinestar navy t-shirt (ladies S) – CSS
- CSS ‘Cornering. Discover the Art’ shirt (ladies L) - CSS
- ‘A twist of the wrist’ by Keith Code (book) – CSS
- ‘A twist of the wrist’ by Keith Code (dvd) – CSS
- Barry Sheene, the M Scott version - donated by Henners
- Alice/Shell Advance official Ducati shirt (L) - DUK
- Ducati service mechanics overalls (L) - DUK
- Ducati service mechanics trousers/bib & braces type (L) - DUK
- A cute little stand up Ducati 'Cocciolo' picture and some neck tie things - DUK

& Creative-Fx has kindly made up 3 DH R4H banners especially for the event.

Even if you don’t want to go on the track last years was a great social event, so come along anyway. Oh, and bring some decent weather with you this year!

Annette

Event Details - Click Here
Sponsorhip Form - Click Here

final_edition 06-Aug-2006 19:52

I will try to book it, although that day falls into my annual holiday from work and I need to book a holiday that doesn't fall on to that day.
I know what I mean!
Got the letter and forms the other day.
Hopefully not as wet as last year.:)

Annette 06-Aug-2006 19:55

It was a bloody good night. Even if it was bloody wet!
I've never seen so many sodden, drenched through to the skin smiling faces!
Nuts, the lot of ya!

Dibble 06-Aug-2006 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by annette harris
Nuts, the lot of ya!

Nuts, us, never, it's just our friends that are nuts ....

Holiday booked, I'll call Focussed Tomorrow

:) & :( in equal measures ...

Dibs
x

NBs996 06-Aug-2006 20:28

Excellent. Last years event was the perfect tribute... I'll be there again.

Q. Are FE advertising it to all their regulars or is it a dsc only thing?
Just curious like!

Dibble 06-Aug-2006 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBs996
Excellent. Last years event was the perfect tribute... I'll be there again.

Q. Are FE advertising it to all their regulars or is it a dsc only thing?
Just curious like!

DSC .. and friends of Dave via other routes, this is not a comercial FE evening so your usuaul nutter track evening attendees will not be coming and FE are not adverstising it, mailshotting last years attendees though ....

CK 06-Aug-2006 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by annette harris
Nuts, the lot of ya!

too darned wet!:o

and that gravel took a whole evening to hoover out of the airbox & butterflys etc:borg:

booking said afternoon off tomorrow Annette - will help you frisk for raffle moneys if you like:)

not sure if sir will be riding - needs to check his holiday entitlement in the morning but we think he has run out:(

domski 06-Aug-2006 20:42

It's up on the www.DDRACER.com website as well now Annette ;)

Brent 06-Aug-2006 22:08

Wet or dry won't matter. Couldn't do last year but will be glad to be there this year.

Dave

psychlist 06-Aug-2006 22:38

Sorry Annette sweetie, can't make it as I'll be bikeless :(