View Single Post
Old 12-Feb-2012, 12:29
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
All,

I have run vans for about 10 years now, initally only Norwich Union and RAC would quote but they were reasonable when not used for Business considering the vans were fairly new. Approx £250-400 over the years. Now there are more companies doing insurance, and price has went up!!!!!

Now I have my L200 on Commercial, not for business with Admiral (Gladiator) and that is £400.

My big Van is now on a Motorhome Policy, and costs £270 with Comfort Insurance. The whole van/motorhome is valued at 3 times the price of the original van, but is half the price to ensure. I must state that I got some of the work done professionally and have receipt and documents to prove this. To change from a van to a Motorhome there a 4 stipulations.
1. Must have fixed water tank (Mine has plastic one fitted under the sink in a cupboard?
2. Must have a fitted wardrobe (Mine takes 1 set of leathers)
3. Must have a fixed bunk
4. Must have a Toilet (mine has a boxed off area with door, and the loo is a portable bowl/water tank. Another mate has his in the cupboard under the sink, shuts the curtains pulls out of the cupboard and uses, then puts back in cupboard)