View Single Post
Old 22-Aug-2020, 12:01

New member with a question!!

Hello all , I thought I had already done the intro thing but better late than never ! I’m an ex Ducati owner re-entering the fold . My first Duc was the old ( 1978 ) cooking version the 900 GTS . Like a lot of blokes I then gave up bikes for cars for purely practical reasons . Later in life I fancied a classic car and ended up buying a Austin Big Seven , hence my moniker . Eventually selling her gave me the opportunity and cash to get back into bikes so I continued in the classic vein with a BSA Golden Flash of 1952 vintage , a modern Royal Enfield 500 Bullet , a side valve BSA M20 and most recently a Honda 550 / four . Realising this wouldn’t give me a comfortable cruising speed ( without having my head shaken of my shoulders ) , I started thinking about a machine with a fairing . Having a soft spot and good memories of the famed Ducati handling and grunt I have added a new horse to the stable , an ST4S ... actually make that what seems like several hundred horses !! , after riding a side valve of 1951 vintage .

Anyway , that’s pretty much me and bikes . A question if I may tag one on , does anyone know the part no’s for the belt tensioner bearings as I’m having new belts fitted??. Cheers