View Single Post
Old 19-Sep-2013, 19:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Putting my bike aside with its starting issue which is probably down to the injection relay, I cam back with a few tasks to carry out

1, Sort Kev Palmer a decoded ECU and toggle Ignition switch for his 1000SS in time for him to take it to Portimao

2. Reprogram a ECU for Paul P turning a 620 ECU into a 800 Monster one and turning off the immobiliser

3, Try and get to the bottom of Wayne Thomas's misfire

and now another

4, following Phil the Drills trackday at Brands on Monday his bike has turned into a single cylinder so now requires a replacement ECU

With Kev P's bits sorted I have been tidying up Wayne Thomas's harness off his Class A bike today, he only managed one lap over the 3 days at Brands after suffering a constant misfire.

I spent sometime at the meeting trying to eliminate the problem, swapping things like the ECU, TPS, AIR Sensor, Engine pickup and with Wayne swapping the Injectors and Coils we just couldn't cure the misfire.

The Harness is now stripped of its lighting circuit, indicator wiring, tail lighting and speed sensor wiring and a few other bits and I have found what looks to be a broken power wire to the horizontal Injector

Will have to continue with this either Sunday or Monday as tomorrow I'm off to fill up the back of my car with a few more Class A spares

Almost there

Dropped off Phil's ECU with Pete B
Dropped Paul Ps ECU off for him to collect from Moto Rapido
Wayne's Harness should be back with him tomorrow, the side stand and clutch switch wiring now shortened and simplified

And the pile of bits collected in the back of the car have turned into something a tad more useful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	New Project.jpg Views:	1003 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	13707  

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook