View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-2004, 12:12
Mille

in the interest of community spirit and in view of the impending ban I'd thought I share my devilish plan.....

old 600ss with a 680 kit plus.........

"Supercharging is quite possible on the Ducati, in fact there was a German team who ran a very successful turbocharged 916 a few years ago. For road use you could expect up to 35-40% more power with a properly designed set up.

Now the down side; The only new supercharger I know of small enough for the 600 is the Opcon Autorotor at about £1800+. There are a few old designs around such as the Marshall, but I guess finding one in good condition is unlikely. There is the Shorrocks of course but they can be quite expensive and are a bit fragile, more importantly they are very bulky. Expect to pay up to £800 for a really good unit. You can pick up an Eaton as used on the new Mini for as little as £150, but then again these are very long and may cause problems. Modifying our Mercedes Eaton has proved very trying to say the least! Really the Eaton and Shorrocks are a bit big for road use and would need to be underdriven I suspect.

On top of the supercharger you will need to budget for low compression pistons, making the supercharger drive and manifolds plus a suitable carb and ideally some dyno time to set it all up."

Guess thats nearly 90 horses - want to hand over the prizes now boys

advice and info kindly supplied by thefang.co.uk