View Single Post
Old 02-Nov-2004, 18:26

I'm in the US. Ever since they changed production from Germany to somewhere in the Pacific Rim they've sort of flooded the market and are everywhere. I speak from my experience. I can post pics showing the sorry state mine ended up after a relatively low speed crash. I have no stakes at Held. Pro or con. In fact I thought they were the best money could buy until I had to unwilingly test them. Just sharing what I've experienced. And believe me, I wouldn't want to get caught on another getoff wearing the same item. Being an Engineer I can understand, although not excuse the top of my pinky been grinded away. Weight, velocity, friction, heat, .... What puzzles me are two issues. One is that the kevlar that was supposedly in the inner layer either wasn't there or.... wasn't there. And two the leather breaking and ripping at the seam is a no no for a motorcycle glove manufacturer. What's the use if you utilize kevlar thread to keep two parts together, but the two separate at the seam because the leather breakes? Unexcusable and inadmissible. As a side note, the fellow who imported them to the US for many years before they were so famous dropped them two or three years ago when he noticed a VERY sharp decline in craftsmanship, finish and overall quality. They are now distributed by a major chain and more readily avaliable than Alpinestars.

[quote]Originally posted by ath748
I'd hardly call Held fancy wannabe stuff. When was the last time you saw then branded and advertised all over the place?!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacman
...I'm done with fancy wannabe stuff.