Thread: 2013????
View Single Post
Old 23-Oct-2012, 11:01
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
2013????

in 2008 having read an article about DD in a magazine I decided to give it ago. I had done 3 or 4 track days at Brands and found myself and my Fireblade to be up with the fastest in the novice group.

I bought a bike from the DD paddock at Brands from Mark Bayley and filled in all the forms and stuff and came racing.

2009. My hopes and plans were not to come last. My first race was at Donnington which was great. I knew there and then that I was a racer and would be a racer for the rest of my life. 2009 was the best year of my life (not counting, getting married and having kids and stuff like that). I had no expectations and the year was fantastic. After a few technical issues and DNFs I came 5th in the championship and won the 'Action Alarms Novice Championship'. (Andy Challis came 4th,,, Just)

2010. Andy had moved up to the A class Sam West had gone to BSB and Dominic Clegg and Harriot Ridley had moved on as well. So I pretty much thought I had the championship in the bag. What I didn't know then was that I'd make 3 stupid errors and Matt Larrett would race a faultless year and finish every race on the podium.

2011. I had decided to move to the A class (after winning the B class........) but decided that I would move up anyway. So I bought the current championship Winning bike and went to Brands with zero preparation, which was a mistake, then I got knocked off twice and broke my collar bone and got concussion then missed a round completely and came a lowly 3rd!

2012 this year I had decided 'no pressure', just enjoy myself and see what happens,,,,,,,,,, Bollox

2013???? I don't even know if I'm coming racing next year,,, Maybe,, Maybe not.

Anyone want a 2x championship winning bike? For sale.