View Single Post
Old 01-Jul-2004, 01:20
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
welcome to the club, it is the future. Not sure that I am not being humoured but there are now a few DSC regulars who have said that have given thought to numptystrada ownership. It is just such a fun bike, it can be a real hooligan bike and riding it reminds me of my days on a RD250LC. Strange but true.

Couple of fings:

Make sure they take the airbox restrictors out when the fit the termi box, don't expect too much noise from it as it retains the cats; the only way to get full noise is to do away with them with a complete system.

Which comfort screen did you order, with lip, or without? I have the with version, which I think is better suited to 6's.

Keep the chain well oiled from new, the OE chain is not that good by the look of it, I just fitted a Scottoiler. Worth thinking about, and if you do go for it worth getting the dealer to do it as it is a fiddle, not difficult but like I say, a fiddle.

Don't be that gentle on the front brake, many differing views on the brake judder that some people get but my theory is that it is from people who drag the brake as slowing and then glaze the pads.