Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-May-2016, 12:08

Quite fancy DD racing...

Hello! I've just registered. I was suppose to be racing a ZX6R this year, but it shat it chips before the season started. I lost heart, so I decided to have a year out, stripped the bike and sold most of the parts. The 600/1000 multi cylinder racing has changed a bit over the last year or so, and it seems to be the thing to be doing now. Races are becoming over subscribed and the chances of late entries these days are slim to none. Ive been to a few DD meetings in the past and known a couple of lads who've raced in it. I liked the simplicity, the amount of home engineering involved and how it was more interesting than the usual SV650 stuff. The one-tyre-fits-all idea appealed to me as well, but it looks like frantic wheel changes have crept into this series now too It looks like you've got a good club to race with too. I've done a couple of NG rounds in the past and Nino does a good job trying to keep the paddock happy. I wouldn't be looking to do all the rounds as it's just a bit of fun. But the local-ish ones are great - Oulton, Anglesey, Donington and Mallory. I'd be looking to pick up a race ready 620 if there's anything around a decent (for me) price. As I've never done more than a couple of rounds a year I'm still wearing a nobber vest. Cheers. You never know I might be on the grid with you next year. Dave
Old 16-May-2016, 17:49
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Contact Jim Brian (Bimjob on here), he has a race winning 620 monster ready to race.

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?t=430254

Chris.
Old 16-May-2016, 17:55
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

If you are still wearing the nobber vest, you can race in class B. Lee has a class B for sale and Charlie has a 620 for sale. Both bikes were raced at Donington weekend before last so are race ready.
Old 16-May-2016, 21:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78
I've done a couple of NG rounds in the past and Nino does a good job trying to keep the paddock happy.

I'd be looking to pick up a race ready 620 if there's anything around a decent (for me) price. As I've never done more than a couple of rounds a year I'm still wearing a nobber vest. Cheers. You never know I might be on the grid with you next year. Dave

Hi Dave

You have probably looked at the bikes for sale page, so know what is there including the Class A and Class B Bikes I have for sale,
As Steve mentioned Charlie also has a 620 Class A bike for sale, I sold it to a mate a while back and he sold it to Charlie over the winter
My original add is via the link below, since then Charlie has had the suspension overhauled and has wet on wheels with it

As for Nino he's a good un, I started out with NG back in 1997 and did 10 continuous years with them. only stopped when I started having more to do with the running of the DD series

Kev

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?t=302820

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-May-2016, 09:19
Bevel Head
Bikes: Yamaha R1, Ducati 600SS

Hi Dave
As Chris says I've got a 620 monster that is ready to go, would just need the current tyres fitted to race. It's in Lincolnshire if you want to have a look and there's details and pics on the for sale page. If you want more details or pics then let me know
Jim
Old 20-May-2016, 15:34
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
you would be welcomed into DD by the most friendly bunch of weirdos in racing if you come, you won't regret it, its awesome.

Matt Awesome Lawson - The great.
Old 24-May-2016, 03:13
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Just get your own mankini and NOT a green one, that's mine. Mine I tell you mine, all mine!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 31-May-2016, 12:57
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
Just get your own mankini and NOT a green one, that's mine. Mine I tell you mine, all mine!

weirdo