Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-May-2015, 19:07
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Can the Race Committee shed any light?

In view of what's been announced by Hottrax today, can any of the RC communicate with Hottrax to find out what their situation is?
I mean is this a temporary faux pas due to low entry numbers or is the future looking bleak for them and we need to start looking for another club to tag on to?
Hottrax don't seem to like informing their members of what is going on, anyone remember the Mallory/Pembrey debacle of 2013? People were frustrated and angry about how things were done without any consultation, but when Dave explained the situation to me at Pembrey it all became clear and I was impressed with how he sorted it out. All he had to do was tell people via email or Facebook what he told me and most would've been content.
It's the not knowing and being kept in the dark that angers and frustrates people, if we know then maybe we can help!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 28-May-2015, 21:48
Bevel Head
Bikes: Yamaha R1, Ducati 600SS

I don't mean to be pessimistic but certain signs suggest Hottrax have already gone belly up. The fact that they didn't mention to us that they have cancelled knockhill as well and that one of their employees has put a farewell message on Facebook after clearly being laid off suggests they have already started winding things up with no plans for a future. I guess all funds they've been given for the season up front have been getting used to keep them afloat hoping that things pick up later in the season leaving nothing in the pot to reimburse us with. I can't imagine the company has many assets so I fear the worst ie. Racing money for the year lost, season over. A lot of racers and their friends and families plans for the year gone. I hope I'm wrong but a sad day
Old 28-May-2015, 22:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Only been catching up with it all since I got in a 8:45 this evening.
I have read the statement and had a email from another source telling me about the cancellation of Knockhill

I have emailed Hottrax/Dave Mabutt with my concerns but whether he will address them I can't say.

Not sure if any other clubs can accommodate a separate DD grid, there may be one or two that could squeeze most of us on to a shared grid with another class, but that may require a few rule changes for safety reasons and a willingness for people to do it. Which includes myself as I have already paid for 9 of the 10 rounds and haven't got the spare funds to double up on entry costs for to many rounds. Would also need to sort tyre supply within another club.

As Jim says a Sad day

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 28-May-2015, 23:35

Shame they were still cashing in entries for Knockhill last night.
Should have entered on the day
Certainly casts doubts on their credibility
Old 29-May-2015, 15:52
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 851jim
Shame they were still cashing in entries for Knockhill last night.
Should have entered on the day
Certainly casts doubts on their credibility

Unfortunately, Mr. Mabbutt's credibility has been brought into question many times before and he has upset many along the way.

My thoughts are that a "company" doesn't just go out of business overnight, so relying on those that have paid up front, not actively seeking further entries, not valuing current customers etc, only compounds the feelings that many have for Mr. Mabbutt.

More importantly DD has to find a new home, where they are welcomed and valued, not pushed in a corner and endured by others.

I really hope this works out for the DD paddock, as they deserve more than they got from Hottrax.
Old 30-May-2015, 09:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999

More importantly DD has to find a new home, where they are welcomed and valued, not pushed in a corner and endured by others.

I really hope this works out for the DD paddock, as they deserve more than they got from Hottrax.

Hopefully we have landed on our feet

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 30-May-2015, 11:08
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
I always thought that Hottrax were O.K. but what do I know?
Old 30-May-2015, 13:36
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
Unfortunately, Mr. Mabbutt's credibility has been brought into question many times before and he has upset many along the way.

My thoughts are that a "company" doesn't just go out of business overnight, so relying on those that have paid up front, not actively seeking further entries, not valuing current customers etc, only compounds the feelings that many have for Mr. Mabbutt.

Sounds about right that Mark.
Old 31-May-2015, 08:49
500SD

Hope you guys find a new home and quick. Looking on the bright side if you have a full grid you are very attractive to other clubs.
Finger crossed
Mark