Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 18-Sep-2021, 21:42
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post #CatalanWorldSBK R1. What a Saturday! Redding triumphs after a stunning comeback, Rinaldi finishes on podium

World Superbike | 2021 | Round 9 | Spain | Barcelona | Saturday 18 September 2021

#CatalanWorldSBK R1. What a Saturday! Redding triumphs after a stunning comeback, Rinaldi finishes on podium and Bassani takes part to the sensational Ducati hat-trick

Race-1 of the Catalan Round, held in wet conditions after the rain that fell late in the morning, enters by right in the history of the Aruba.it Racing -Ducati team thanks to the amazing victory of Scott Redding and the third place of Michael Rinaldi. Axel Bassani (Motocorsa) completes the hat-trick that had been missing since Race-1 at the Assen circuit in the 2012 season.

SUPERPOLE
P1 - T. Sykes (BMW) 1'40.408
P2 - T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) +0.286
P3 - J. Rea (Kawasaki) +0.513
P4 - S. Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) +0.570
P5 - A. Lowes (Kawasaki) +0.678
P8 - M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) +0.867

RACE-1
P1 - Scott Redding doesn't get off to the best start, finding himself in 11th position after 2 laps. From lap 7, however, Scott's race pace grows vertically and allows him to get closer to the leading group. In the last 7 laps, Redding is perfect and takes an extraordinary victory.
P3 - Michael Rinaldi makes a great start and after three corners is in third position. On lap 7 he is overtaken by Van Der Mark (BMW) and Lowes (Kawasaki). The Italian rider remains focused recovers positions and in the last lap, he tries to take the second position finishing with an exciting podium.

Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #45)
"The first few laps were really difficult. From the middle of the race, though, I started to gain confidence. If I have to be honest, when I arrived close to the podium group and saw two Ducatis in front of me I thought, “I'll take some risks but I want to win”. I'm very happy to have given this satisfaction to my team. Let's keep on thinking race by race and then we'll take stock at the end of the season”.

Michael Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #21)
" I was really upset about the rain because my race pace in dry conditions was really positive. However, I remained focused and only thought about pushing. At the end, I tried to attack Bassani but in the last two laps, it was not easy to ride because of the water coming from his slipstream. Anyway, I am very satisfied and I hope to get another good result in the dry tomorrow".

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.