Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jul-2005, 10:48
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Does anyone have any base geometry figures for the multi strada?? number of rings showing on forks and rear tie bar length is what I'm after. Mine has all the rings through the fork yokes which seems a bit excessive. TIA
Picking mine up from being serviced later,I'll have a look then.

thanks keefy, mine has all the rings, and a bit more showing, keeps front end low but its a bit sharp handling and I'm touching my toes down in corners.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 17:59
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Here's a pic of my MTS forks.As you can see,all the rings showing and then some!That is how they came out of the dealers.Forgot to measure the ride height adjuster,but again mine is standard.
I'm always touching my toes when cornering and when really going for it,I can get the exhaust guard and side stand foot down.
I did experiment by altering the preload on the rear shock,but it made the handling really twitchy and the bike was very unstable on the side stand.I've wound it back down to the STD mark.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 19:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Here's a pic of my MTS forks.As you can see,all the rings showing and then some!That is how they came out of the dealers.Forgot to measure the ride height adjuster,but again mine is standard.
I'm always touching my toes when cornering and when really going for it,I can get the exhaust guard and side stand foot down.
I did experiment by altering the preload on the rear shock,but it made the handling really twitchy and the bike was very unstable on the side stand.I've wound it back down to the STD mark.

thats weird, theres no reason to be so far through and the bike does tip in faster than my 999, seems to make sense to move forks back through, increase ground clearance, slowing down handling.
Old 21-Jul-2005, 22:50
Big Twin

just measured tie rod, 230mm centre to centre max is 255 so thats a lot of rear height it can go up if needed. i've lowered forks in yoke 10mm to increase front ride height. lets hope side stand isn't too far out
Old 22-Jul-2005, 20:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
just measured tie rod, 230mm centre to centre max is 255 so thats a lot of rear height it can go up if needed. i've lowered forks in yoke 10mm to increase front ride height. lets hope side stand isn't too far out
Yeah the bike can get very unstable on the stand when you start jacking the suspension up.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 17:30

Mood: 583 love/hater
i think stock for the ride height is all the way in, mine is.

mine`s the same as yours for the front forks.

is it true that you guys think they turn in fast, I can honestly say mine feels like it has the most lazy turn in of any bike I`ve owned!

too used to 400s I guess.