Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-May-2004, 21:31
Big Twin

Just done 2700 miles round France, Monaco Grand Prix etc on my MS. Last time I did the same trip was on a 996s and it nearly put me of biking for good. Found the MS to be a pretty good all rounder it was excellent on the twistys but lost out on the faster sections where my mates Gsxr1000 and ZX12r would romp off into the distance. But as I was in charge of sorting the route out there was a lot more Alpine passes than fast straight bits! I have not regretted the change at all.

The bike really does need the Comfort seat and higher screen though, I was cursing the fact that the week before the trip I actually had a comfort seat in my hands and did not buy it! Another plus point was both my mates came back with rear tyres worn through to canvass whilst mine looked like it would do the same trip again easily.

On the generally poor roads we have in this country the MS can pretty much keep up with anything, you just have to ride it pretty hard though. I find this more fun than having to be ever so cautious with the throttle and holding back all the time for fear of being spat off the latest 1000cc bikes.

Buy one!
Old 07-Jun-2004, 17:04
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Thanks Martin - just about sums it up. I noticed the seat was feeling a bit hard after only an hour. Why do they make a comfortable bike and then put a hard seat on it? Still, at least it can be swapped.
Old 07-Jun-2004, 23:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I test rode one and its such a bloody good laugh to ride for something with not a lot of power but you can use 100% of it and just wrting its neck.

Hopefully good for clocking miles, but amazing fun for back roads and commuting without being crippled in traffic.

Time will tell if i've mase the right choice but i've got a couple of long trips planned for it.

Keefyb's the man to ask as he's had his for a year and loves it, helped convert me
Old 08-Jun-2004, 00:29
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE M
Thanks Martin - just about sums it up. I noticed the seat was feeling a bit hard after only an hour. Why do they make a comfortable bike and then put a hard seat on it? Still, at least it can be swapped.

I heard that the 2004 models have differant seat padding after feedback from long distance riders.
I have to say tho,mine has not been a problem for me.I swear the seat is getting softer the more I ride it.( Or my @rse is getting tougher! )
Old 08-Jun-2004, 10:07
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Quote:
[i]

I heard that the 2004 models have differant seat padding after feedback from long distance riders.
I have to say tho,mine has not been a problem for me.I swear the seat is getting softer the more I ride it.( Or my @rse is getting tougher! )

That's a good point, I'd say the seat on my SS is more comfortable now than when it was new.