Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jul-2003, 23:19

Mood: Still smiling
That sinking feeling

Ever left your bike somewhere and returned to find it belly up ? It happened to me last week, my MS was on its side in the car park at work (sob), I wish I knew what happened but unfortunately I don't. After I had calmed down a bit, the damage I could see was a broken clutch lever, snapped left mirror, damaged left side of top front fairing, damaged left rear fairing, broken rear left indicator and marks on the exhaust. I don't know the final cost yet and I don't know how long I will be without my bike but I suspect it will cost lots and will take forever for the replacement bits to arrive. Totally gutted

Nick
Old 15-Jul-2003, 23:27
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Tough break.....

....at least you're "still smiling"?
Old 15-Jul-2003, 23:33

It should really read 'looking forward to smiling in the hopefully not too distant future but still coming to terms with last weeks events !'

Nick
Old 16-Jul-2003, 06:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
I don't know the final cost yet and I don't know how long I will be without my bike but I suspect it will cost lots and will take forever for the replacement bits to arrive. Totally gutted

Nick
Sounds like someone tried to move the bike and it got boss of them,or did'nt put the stand down properly.
I would buy a new clutch lever and continue to use the bike.The spares may take forever to turn up and the summer will be over.Oh, and dont forget that the factory closes for the best part of august.
Old 16-Jul-2003, 07:30
Mille

Close shave!

To round off a good week!! Rode the 748 to work yesterday, parked in carpark, get on with the days work.

Good job the mobile signal is dodgy cos at 3pm in the afternoon ended up outside to take a call and lookin at m'bike as yado whilst on the mobile, ****, that bike looks at a funny angle!

Side stand over 1''' sunk into the tarmac and bike close to toppling over!!. I know it was hot buy seriously, tarmac softens at 30ish degrees? Obviously!
Old 16-Jul-2003, 07:52
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Gets slippy too!

Just ask Joseba Beloki
Old 17-Jul-2003, 19:10
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
nicksp, sorry to hear about mysterious 'felling' of your bike. iIthink the term we'd use up here north of the border as to how you're feeling would be 'scunnered!' And you're right, could be a while before replacement parts turn up! I'm still waiting for all 'extra' bits that I ordered for my MS back at beginning of May!
Old 02-Nov-2003, 22:05

I finally got my MS back this week. It has been a long 15 weeks since finding my bike belly up,
the majority of the delay was due to my insurance company losing my original claim form and then
not telling me that they had lost it ! With the benefit of hindsight I should have
taken keefyboys advice - back in July I thought it might take a while but not nearly 4 months
to get my bike back.

FYI the bill was as follows

LH mirror £39.23
Headlight fairing £134.55
LH RR footrest £13.87
RR LH footrest bracket £62.13
PIN footrest x 2 £1.40
Clutch lever £39.32
Bar end weight £5.36
Screw £0.40
LL RR indicator £10.38
RR silencer unit £828.00
LH RR Seat cover £141.45
RH RR Seat cover £141.45
RR Grab handle £96.60
Fuel Tank / seat unit £759.00

8 hours labours @ £35.00 per hour £280.00

Sub total @2544.16
VAT £445.23
Total £2989.39

Nick

PS No sign of a rear hugger yet

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by nicksp]
Old 03-Nov-2003, 15:53
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Glad you've got your bike back.
Good job you were insured,some of those spares prices are a choker!
Old 03-Nov-2003, 17:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
um, - not good.

bad luck there, - as keefy says glad you've got it back, - bit of a shame about missing the good weather.

"RR silencer unit £828.00 ", - so that is more than the Termi system!! And I thought part of Terblanche's brief on all of his designs was to bring down the cost of production and spares!! Looking at some of those prices me thinks most of this is outsourced for manufacture, - Terblanche has moved Ducati more towards design and assembly only.