Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Aug-2003, 18:30
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Trip/Fuel \'computer\'

Can anybody actually get their fuel consumption/av.speed figures etc to read anything like something that would make sense? The screen says miles per gallon/mph etc but the figures just don't stand up.
Old 25-Aug-2003, 18:40
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
in a word, no, it crap quite frankly. tho everything else on the dash is good.
Old 26-Aug-2003, 07:23
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,yes I know what you mean.I think something got lost in the Litres per Kilometer translation.
Mine worked out I was using 2 gallons to a mile.The bike must have a 300 gallon fuel tank then!
Old 26-Aug-2003, 15:24
Mille

I take comfort from fact that others are experiencing similar problem with on-board 'computer'. At least I'm not a complete donkey.....or if I am at least I'm not alone!!
Still pretty P'd off though that damn thing doesn't work... even Ducati Dealer couldn't fathom it out. Like you Keefyboy I thought perhaps it just needed recalibrated from litres/kilometre etc and that they might have had a piece of software for said purpose but alas no such luck!
One more thing... If I'm right in saying you picked yours up in mid-June have you yet received your Desmo Owners Club/Roadside Assistance Card from our nice friends in Bologna? I haven't and I've been waiting since end of May! Didn't even take this long with 996 at the beginning of last year.
Old 26-Aug-2003, 22:38
WSB Hero

Yeah,I asked about recaibrating the 'pooter too,...........as you say,no such luck.Ah well,back to the tried and trusted method of resetting the trip after every fill up.

Oh,and yep,still waiting for the DDOC/Assistance card.
Gawd knows how long it will take for the 999's card!
Old 27-Aug-2003, 18:53
Mille

Got in touch with Ducati UK earlier today re-delay with all accessories. Have to say got a pretty quick response asking for specific details of what I'd ordered, where and when. They suggest everything should be available by end of Sept. but are going to come back to me re-definitive dates.
I've also raised the issue of the useless fuel/trip 'computer' and poor fit of pannier lids. I let you know when I get a response to these issues.
Old 02-Sep-2003, 22:58
WSB Hero

Hey lwh,guess what?
My DDOC/Ducati Assistance card turned up today!
Wonders will never cease!
Old 03-Sep-2003, 11:57
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Just a thought...

Since I've spent quite a lot of time working in France I know that our European neighbours don't measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon (obviously) or even kilometres per litre.

They measure it in litres per 100 kilometres.

Could it be that the imperial conversion is actually giving you gallons per 100 km? If that was the case you would be using 2 gallons every 62 miles = 31mpg

Even better if they were converting it at gallons per 100 miles in which case it would work out at 50mpg.

Either way those figures would at least be in the right ballpark
Old 03-Sep-2003, 13:29
WSB Hero

You may be right mate.
Its a bit poor,tho,when dealers and even Ducati UK cant give a definative answer.
Old 03-Sep-2003, 13:46
Mille

Wait a minute, guys! Ducati UK are now on the case following on from my having contacted them about various issues apart from Fuel/Trip Comp. They suggest decimal point might be in wrong place, which may be plausible but I've to take bike into Dealer to have them comment/report (not that they've beenable to in the past) direct to DucatiUK.
As for accessories I have confirmation that virtually everything I ordered, including Termis, will be available at the end of month, although this is subject to formal confirmation following an 'Accessories Meeting' in Italy next week apparently.
Keefyboy, good news on DDOC card, I assume this was for MS and not 999? DUK are trying to track mine down.:P