Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Sep-2003, 23:19
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yeah,the DDOC card is for the 'Strada.
I think that Ducati have shot theirselves in the foot by not getting the accesories out the same time as the bikes.Think of all the extra revenue it generates.Hmm,nice bike,but nicer with a Termi system,taller screen,hugger,carbon belly pan.All that gear has got to add up to over a grands worth.
I had a lovely DP catalogue given to me with the bike,shame none of its available.

I'll check the fuel consumption reading next time I'm out on the bike.The decimal point answer sounds daft,but it just might be right.Some logic in there,somewhere.I'll be honest,and say I'd given up with it and gone back to resetting the trip.Maybe I'll take it up to Congleton at the weekend to try it.

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by keefyboy]
Old 09-Sep-2003, 11:13
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
KB, Looks like DUK could be right about decimal point. Checked it out on a short ride last week and readings certainly made more sense shifting decimal point to the right!
I've just been advised that local dealer has been instructed to order up new replacement console on instructions of DUK who have discussed problem with dealer. I've asked DUK to confirm that they have identified this issue as being a result of faulty batch of consoles or other problem and that replacing console will definitely fix problem. I don't want them using my bike to try and resolve bigger issue by trial and error!
Oh and yes, I've also asked when console is likely to be available!
I'll keep you updated!...

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by luckywhiteheather]
Old 09-Sep-2003, 22:00
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Good work that man.Looks like the mystery could be solved.

BTW,if the decimal point thing is correct,then the bike was averaging 47mpg up to Congleton and back.(250 miles)Dropping to the low 30's on the A50.
Old 10-Sep-2003, 16:23
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
KB, your fuel consumption sounds about right, always assuming that you were of course in slow moving traffic on the A50 and not risking the wrath of the boys in blue!
DUK won't tell me if they identified this as a design/installation fault, only that replacement of console should/will resolve problem, They also suggest that, "any others who are experiencing similar difficulties should contact their local dealer".
As for availability I'm reliably informed that parts should be available within 2-5days of Dealer ordering. Yeah right, that'll be a first for Ducat!
I'll keep you updated!
Old 10-Sep-2003, 20:52

The decimal point is in the wrong place on one of the readings. I had new clocks fitted a couple of weeks ago & now the readings are all fine. The fuel gauge/miles to empty has not got more accurate though. I just rode back from Italy (did the Centopassi) & when the gauge was showing empty the tank would only take 14 litres, I think it holds 21! The hard seat seems to get softer with use, or I have just got used to it, but I did 2000 miles on it in a week, including 13 hours in the saddle on the way home, & it was fine. Had the taller screen fitted & that makes a huge differance on the motorway.