Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Nov-2003, 07:29
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
LWH,you lucky chap,on the bike while the rest of us are slaving away at work.

The easiest way to look at the airbox is to turn the handlebars to full left hand lock.You can then look down the tank through the gap caused by the moving top fairing under the bars.Its easier if you have a small torch,like a mini maglite or similar.
As I said before,the restrictors are oblong spouts with small oval holes in them.They are either side of the "Ducati" embossed on the lid.If they have been removed,all you will see is a recess with a large oval hole,the air filter will be clearly visable.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by keefyboy]
Old 10-Nov-2003, 18:44
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
KB, finally had a look earlier today. Guess what? No restrictors! Must be part of Termi installation that they're removed. I'll ask my dealer next time I'm there.
But what a great noise now!!!!!!!
Old 10-Nov-2003, 22:50
WSB Hero

Excellent!

I think I may "invest" in some Termi's in the new year.
Old 07-May-2004, 01:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!

just had my first service done this week, - a 3hour plus job now they tell me, - belt tension, valve clearance check, - but i asked them to take out the restrictors as they had the tank off, "no problem" they say. Phoned them up to say i would be there in 30 mins to collect, asking if they got the restrictors out ok - "we did not know what you meant, never heard of that, we telephoned the top techie guy at Ducati UK, and he had never heard of the MS having irbox/tube restrictors". WTF???? Is it not standard procedure on fitting termis I asked. I took them in a message board print out of "how to do it". Looks like I have to spend a little time in the garage myself now. Ho hum.
Old 07-May-2004, 22:37
WSB Hero

Hmm,sounds to me like they just could'nt be arsed to do it.I'd be suspicious as to what else they could'nt be arsed to do either.
Old 08-May-2004, 01:17
Big Twin

I was a little suspicious over what was actually done to my bike on my first service. I hung around for 3 1/2 hours while it was being done and whilst wandering round the dealers I kept having a sly peep through into the workshop every 30 or 40 minutes or so and at no time did I actually see the tank/seat unit off the bike!? I had already removed the unit myself to get at the restrictors and know that it takes quite a while to remove and refit nevermind doing whatever needs to be done once removed. Most of the time I looked and the bike was up on a stand with nobody working on it.

It makes me wonder if the 3 hours they quote for the first service is half an hour dropping the oil and changing the filter and a few basic checks and 2 1/2 hours having the bike sat on the stand. I may be wrong as I did not pay that much attention, but I did find myself looking into the workshop and wondering if they had even started work on the bike or perhaps done the service while I was having a drink and a bite to eat.

Has anybody actually watched the work done on the first service? Do you think its possible that they do not bother with much of the work on a first service knowing the bike will be back later in the year for a full service?

Maybe I am being a little paranoid and the work was done but I would have only known for sure if I had looked in every 10 or 15 mins.
Old 15-May-2004, 12:56

servicing

I always wondered why it takes dealers so long to do basic stuff, like the filter/oil filters/brake pads. I'll be doing the work myself if I have the time or take it to an independent where the labour rate isn't 60gbp an hour + vat and paying for the fancy showroom and mechanics tea breaks and alike after the warranty expires.

don't forget 7.50 gbp for sundries, 35gbp for the oil, ducati servicing kit ....