Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jun-2004, 18:58
everton

Oh gawd..........what have I done...........

Called into OYB at lunch time, on my workhorse VFR, for a coffee and a chat today.

A couple of the guys there know I've been hankering after a Multistrada for quite a while.

Sooooo...... got them to give me a trade in valuation for the VFR.
Went through the list of extras
Noted that it was the last day of the month...........good day to do a deal
Paid a small deposit

...............and in about 10 days I shall be the proud owner of a brand spanking new RED Multistrada with..........

Comfort screen & seat
Rack & top box
Termignoni exhaust system
Hugger
Carbon belly pan

Did I miss anything off peeps

Gawd - have I done the right thing :P

Too late now......................loved the MS since the day it was launched and loved hooning around on a demo bike a few weeks ago. Can't wait now.

BTW anyone thinking of going to OYB on July 11th for the Ducati centre opening and open day..........DON'T. It's being postponed as the new Ducati centre won't be ready. New date TBA.

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by everton]
Old 30-Jun-2004, 19:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Deja-vous or what!! That's exactly what happened to me many years ago...
Went into the shop on me cbr6, just for a coffee and chinwag, and rode home on a spanky new blade!

You see, ladies - you don't have the monopoly on impulse buying!!
Old 30-Jun-2004, 19:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Fantastic bikes. If you're not faster on it on real roads than you are on your 999R, I'll eat my hat.

Let me know if I need to get munching, but I don't think I will.

Course, trackdays are a different issue...but that's what R's are for.
Old 30-Jun-2004, 19:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Well done

I've done about 800 miles on mine since i got it, but i've gone for the Sargent seat rather than the comfort seat, and the bikes black.

Love it, great fun, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Of course you've done the right thing.

Old 30-Jun-2004, 19:55
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Nice one Dave!
Of course you have done the right thing.
I reckon the only thing you need to add to the goodies is a fender extender from those nice folks at Pyramid Plastics.
Old 30-Jun-2004, 21:04
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
I reckon the only thing you need to add to the goodies is a fender extender from those nice folks at Pyramid Plastics.

Keith,

Good call about the extender. Which one is it? As there isn't one listed here -> PP FendaExtenda for the Multistrada.

Something at the back of me mind says Monster
Old 30-Jun-2004, 23:28
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
It has only just been released.I think their website needs updating.
There are some pics of the extender on the MTS website.
www.multistrada.net
Old 01-Jul-2004, 01:29
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice one Dave look forward to seeing you out and about on it in a couple of weeks then.
I went over OYB last Saturday with Kev (Senna3) who was checking out the Black Multistrada they had in the showroom and getting a idea of what they would give him for his ST2 as a trade-in.
I liked the 2nd hand one they had out side with the Termis, slipper clutch, carbon hugger etc for around £6.5k
Old 01-Jul-2004, 02:20
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
welcome to the club, it is the future. Not sure that I am not being humoured but there are now a few DSC regulars who have said that have given thought to numptystrada ownership. It is just such a fun bike, it can be a real hooligan bike and riding it reminds me of my days on a RD250LC. Strange but true.

Couple of fings:

Make sure they take the airbox restrictors out when the fit the termi box, don't expect too much noise from it as it retains the cats; the only way to get full noise is to do away with them with a complete system.

Which comfort screen did you order, with lip, or without? I have the with version, which I think is better suited to 6's.

Keep the chain well oiled from new, the OE chain is not that good by the look of it, I just fitted a Scottoiler. Worth thinking about, and if you do go for it worth getting the dealer to do it as it is a fiddle, not difficult but like I say, a fiddle.

Don't be that gentle on the front brake, many differing views on the brake judder that some people get but my theory is that it is from people who drag the brake as slowing and then glaze the pads.
Old 01-Jul-2004, 13:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Everton

Re Ians comments about the screen i've got the higher comfort screen with the lip and it works far better than standard screen for me at 6ft 3 but is noisier.

One previous post on the board that you may or may not have picked up on is that the rear shock comes with virtually zero preload as standard and the bike feels a lot better with more preload and a bit of suspension set up, although admittedly you're rather sylph like in comparison to my stella belly physique