Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC Website - Help and Notices
Information on using the site & requests for help or suggestions, as well as notices about site changes, updates and downtime.

Old 26-Jul-2013, 13:05
Bikes: 1199 Panigale

New member - no response from club

Hi,

I bought a membership through the online shop at the start of this month, then also sent an email to the membership secretary.

However I've had no confirmation of any sort from the club that they have processed my registration. What's the process? How do I know that my payment hasn't just disappeared into the void?

Thanks,
Ian
Old 26-Jul-2013, 14:31
Big Twin

If I remember you will recieve a membership card through the post and then a membership icon next to your user name. Don't worry it will happen.
Old 26-Jul-2013, 21:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Welcome to the Club Ian. Nice choice of bike.
Old 26-Jul-2013, 22:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Hi Ian,
Very sorry if you feel left out!

Our membership secretary does the membership packs once a week and sends them out, but it may be that yours is delayed or just not been done yet - sometimes real life and/or work get in the way!

Normally you would also get sent out the last edition of Pronto magazine but we're now about to send out the new edition so if you give it a week you should get that too.

Hope that's ok and look forward to meeting you soon - it will be "Summer Wednesday" at Brands Hatch again soon on the first Wednesday of the month, so you can always pop along to that as a few of us have been going there.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Jul-2013, 10:39
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye

Hope that's ok and look forward to meeting you soon - it will be "Summer Wednesday" at Brands Hatch again soon on the first Wednesday of the month, so you can always pop along to that as a few of us have been going there.

Ant,

Are we going for it on the 7th of August then up at Brands?? Will have to take the 350 Desmo up on the trailer and give it a run from the entry gate to the Kentagon then!

Chris
Old 27-Jul-2013, 11:28
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_944
Hi,

I bought a membership through the online shop at the start of this month, then also sent an email to the membership secretary.

However I've had no confirmation of any sort from the club that they have processed my registration. What's the process? How do I know that my payment hasn't just disappeared into the void?

Thanks,
Ian

Ian,

Please accept my apologies - I've just replied to your email and will get it done right away.

I'd like to think that in general most people are reasonably happy with the membership process - this month has been a bit of a one-off.

Apologies again
Martin
Old 27-Jul-2013, 15:05
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Ant,

Are we going for it on the 7th of August then up at Brands?? Will have to take the 350 Desmo up on the trailer and give it a run from the entry gate to the Kentagon then!

Chris

Oh yes!!!!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!