Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 01-May-2014, 21:44
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999

Somerset Ducatisti

Thanks to those who sent me their email addresses. Unfortunately my PC has gone phut and so my plan to send out a general email is on hold until it's return.

Half a dozen Somerset Ducatisti visited The Halfway in April in order to check things out and we feel able to report that all is well in deepest Somerset, no water wings required at this time! There can be no excuses to miss Somerset Ducatisti's official launch at The Halfway House on Tuesday 13th May.

On Sunday 18th May Compton Abbas airfield is hosting The Italian Job. Italian bikes, cars, aircraft and food. I'm double booked on the 18th but, having missed the Bristol Italian Day, am inclined to cancel the other booking and head down to Compton Abbas. How about meeting up en-route for a ride in to the airfield? The Warminster service area might be a suitable spot, any other suggestions?

Hoping for a good turnout on the 13th, see you all at The Halfway.
Old 12-May-2014, 10:21
Mille

Sorry for the late reminder but delay due to broken laptop now returned to (almost) full health!

Tuesday night meet tomorrow 13th and it does look rather like the weather is going to be kind for our inaugural meeting at the Halfway House.

Next Sunday 18th is the Italian Job at Compton Abbas. Dave has suggested that the services at Sparkford might be a good place for anybody who fancies meeting up for a ride to the airfield. We can have a chat about this and times etc tomorrow.

See you tomorrow....I hope!
Old 12-May-2014, 23:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I've sent you the latest RO pack Steve, so hopefully it will be there tomorrow!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-May-2014, 17:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

How did it go?!?!?

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-May-2014, 21:37
Mille

Somerset Branch

A good start thanks Antony, 11 attending and 9 bikes.

Thanks to all for the support and I hope that you had an enjoyable evening.

Weston-Super-Mare bike night tomorrow, Thursday 15th.

For those intending to tootle along to the Italian Job on Sunday the meet up is at the Hazelgrove Services on the A303/A359 roundabout (BA22 7JE) at 1030. I trust that I’ve got the right one as discussions seem to suggest that there is more than one service area in close proximity.

Somerset Bike Day at Haynes Motor Museum on Sunday 8th June. I believe that Chris (Moocow) is thinking of going along.

Next Somerset Ducatisti Meeting is Tuesday 10th June.

Castle Combe Race meeting, featuring classic bikes, on 21st and 22nd June. John McGuinness will be riding the ex Mike Hailwood 296cc Honda 6.

The Sammy Miller Museum Moto Italiano is on the 20th July.

See you on Sunday,
Old 14-May-2014, 22:06
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Great stuff!

Get all those dates added to the Calendar so we can keep track of everything!

Old 23-Nov-2014, 00:40
Mille

An Annual Review

If I'm honest I don't use social media a great deal. I've just logged on to the DSC Forum for the first time in a while and realised how long it has been since I last logged on. Somerset Ducatisti started off with a first meeting of about a dozen attendees and has settled into a regular core of about half a dozen or so regulars. The onset of winter means just a couple of hard core regulars at the moment, but at least we are keeping things going. The plethora of social media make it quite hard to cover, and remember to cover, all the available avenues and so I send out a monthly email to all known interested parties. If you are in the area and do not receive, and wish to receive, monthly emails then please contact me with your email address and I will include you in my round robin. I have been receiving rather a lot of spam via my DSC address recently and so, if you wish to contact me, please use theoldbuzzard@live.co.uk