Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 05-Jun-2021, 19:00
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Catalan GP. Front row start for Jack Miller, second in qualifying at Montmeló Circuit ahead of Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing Team).

MotoGP | Round 7 - Catalan GP 2021 | Saturday 5 June 2021

Catalan GP. Front row start for Jack Miller, second in qualifying at Montmeló Circuit ahead of Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing Team). Ninth place for Pecco Bagnaia

Jack Miller closed with the second fastest time in 1:38.890 the qualifying for the Catalan GP, conquering a front row start for the race scheduled tomorrow at Montmeló Circuit, near Barcelona.

As he was eleventh at the end of FP3, just 69 thousandths from the top ten, the Ducati Lenovo Team rider had to take part in Q1, where he was able to gain access to the second run of qualification by being the fastest rider in the session. Back on track for Q2, Miller was again very fast as he posted the second fastest time. On his second lap with the soft tyre, however, the Australian rider was the victim of a high side while he was improving his lap time. Nevertheless, despite the crash that fortunately left him without any consequences, Miller could secure second place, ending the qualifying only 37 thousandths from Quartararo's pole position and ahead of Johann Zarco, third with the Desmosedici GP bike of the Pramac Racing Team.

Francesco Bagnaia, fourth after FP3 this morning, took part directly to Q2 this afternoon. However, during the qualifying session, the Italian rider could not take full advantage of his flying lap and closed with the ninth fastest time in 1:39.356. Bagnaia will start from the third row of the grid tomorrow, in the seventh Grand Prix of the 2021 MotoGP World Championship.

Jack Miller (#43 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 2nd (1:38.890)
"This afternoon in qualifying, I felt comfortable on the bike, and maybe I got a bit carried away in the second flying lap, making a mistake in the first sector. Luckily, the bike threw me forward and not up, so I didn't get hurt. During the day, we managed to find something that allowed us to take a step forward, helping me to move from Q1 to Q2. In FP4, I did 17 consecutive laps on the same tyre and stayed within 1:40, so I think our pace for the race is good. Of course, 24 laps is a lot, but I think we can manage them well, so I'm confident for tomorrow."

Francesco Bagnaia (#63 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 9th (1:39.359)
"After a positive start to the day, I didn't like myself much this afternoon. Both in FP4 and qualifying, the wind bothered me a bit. Anyway, this morning our pace was good, so I am confident about the race. The goal for tomorrow will be to get a good start and make up some positions immediately. It is going to be a long race, and we will have to manage the tyres well to be competitive, especially in the final laps”.

The Ducati Lenovo Team riders will be back on track tomorrow at 9:30 am for the warm-up, while the Catalan GP race will get underway at 1:00 pm local time on a 24-lap distance.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.