Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 29-Dec-2014, 23:10

New thread is a good idea. How do we make sure all DDers know about it? FB seems a good start as most seem to be on there but need to make sure all get a chance to vote.

Hottrax seem happy to drop cadwell so that seems to fit, plus as someone like mark only has knockhill anywhere near it would seem harsh (if cost saving) to not count it. He travels to brands after all.
Old 29-Dec-2014, 23:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot

I'd just like some clarity on how things are going to be decided next year.

Why not by the DSC management team as its the Clubs series and how it's been done for the past 10 years

As Dallas said to me the other day
If nobody else wants to run it I should run it as I want

I see Hottrax have said it's 9 out of the 10 rounds to count for their series with the 2nd Cadwell Non point scoring, well we remember how Knockhill turned out for many of their classes last year.

Also if you want to try and win their Championship would you not drop Oulton as the most you can score there is 50 points where as all the other rounds they can score 100 points

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 30-Dec-2014, 00:06

Good point kev, DSC management team seems like a good idea but,

Are they independent from the riders?

Have they said how the points should be decided?
Old 30-Dec-2014, 00:08
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
I think if we are trying to keep the series strong with a good turn out at all rounds, then all rounds should be included in the championship, lets face it if a round is not included the turnout will be very low (especially with so many other rounds to pay for), we are going from 9 to 11 rounds, and we collectively seem to like the flexibility of being able to drop at least one round (due to work commitments, family commitments, finances etc), so that is at least 3 DNS. So if that is the case and that is generally accepted, it is then just a case of deciding the number of races, DNS and DNF's to count.

My personal thoughts on the amounts of rounds to count are; and whilst I understand that we want the championship to be decided by skill in all conditions, it may be better for the entry levels at the later rounds if we simply allowed for it to be number of race wins to count and my thought is for that to be 26.......all of which is probably a long winded way of simply voting for 26 from 33.

But whatever is decided the organisers have my support, because it looks like 'herding cats' a bloody thankless task, for which I thank you!

Last edited by Trumpet : 30-Dec-2014 at 11:07.
Old 30-Dec-2014, 00:09

Just looked at who the DSC management team are, do you think Foggy will vote ?
Old 30-Dec-2014, 00:11
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

I won't be doing a full year next season, but am really looking forward to the opportunity of racing Cadwell on August Bank Holiday weekend, and would rather do that on a packed grid than a depleted grid because championship contenders didn't turn up as there were no points on offer.

If you really want to mix it up for the contenders, how about a handful of random double points races. Say 4 or 5 pulled out of a hat at the start of the season.

At the end of the day, the points available won't influence which races I enter, I don't care about the points, I only care about beating Mark, Mykal, Miles, Dean, Pete, James and Shane in the races that I enter.
Old 30-Dec-2014, 11:16
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Why not by the DSC management team as its the Clubs series and how it's been done for the past 10 years

As Dallas said to me the other day
If nobody else wants to run it I should run it as I want

I'll go with whatever is decided by the RC, I know you have loads to organise and administer which is greatly appreciated. All I was trying to do was help sort one issue out.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 30-Dec-2014, 21:29
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

most of the ideas coming up seem sensible enough to me-

if we went along with 26 race results counting to the total from any of the 11 meetings
had a fixed number of dropped dnf's allowed (the figures suggested of 3 or 4 sounded sensible enough)

The pressure to do all 11 rounds to be competative overall being a financial problem could be removed by only allowing entry for point scoring to a max of 10 meetings ie everyone has to take their 26 best results from 10 meetings

Maybe we could have either 26 results to count from 10 meetings with a 4dnf option or 24 results to count from 9 meetings with a 3dnf option but choose to run in whichever meetings will suit you best

re the dnf/dns issue maybe we just let that go to fate and if you're dnf ends up being taken as a dns then you're very lucky coz it sounds like anything else will be a lot of extra hassle for somebody to keep track of and try to work out??????????
Old 01-Jan-2015, 13:03
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Thumbs up well done kev

there we are it's written and stickied- job done and end of debate- leaves us all a few options to choose what we do whether that's tactical or fitting in what we have the time + money to do-

Roll on DD2015!!!! see you all soon
Old 01-Jan-2015, 17:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
there we are it's written and stickied- job done and end of debate- leaves us all a few options to choose what we do whether that's tactical or fitting in what we have the time + money to do-

Roll on DD2015!!!! see you all soon

Cheers Miles
I considered the various options and had discussions with various people and think it is the best option for the position we find ourselves in with Hottrax having so many meetings on their provisional calendar. And with it being Provisional if they ended up dropping a meeting it would be easy for us to adapt

Now I just need the tyre deal sorted and get on with the riders reps thread for nominations followed by elections

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook