Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Sep-2015, 21:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Declining numbers

In 2014 we averaged over 22 riders per meeting, although Knockhill was some way off that at only 14 otherwise the average was aproaching 24, this year the average is nearly 21 but I suspect next weeks round at Pembrey is going to drop us down to below an average of 20.

which means we have lost the support of another 4 riders this season and weakens our negotiating position, also I'm not sure how long we can go on with this level of support. we had almost 40 riders register for this season but only around half are regulars.

Long gone are the days where we had two grids, one for each class and with nearly 30 on each grid

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 18-Sep-2015, 12:35
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I suspect the ridiculous antics of Hottrax put people off, firstly wanting 11 rounds and then going bump.
NG seem to run a good calendar, the lack of Knockhill and Croft may tempt those sitting on the fence due to distances to have a go.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 18-Sep-2015, 13:03
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

Sadly, I can only budget for 4 meetings a year and Cadwell was my fourth meeting this year.

I was chatting to a chap in the paddock at cadwell who was asking about his lad switching from cbr6 steelies to DD
Old 18-Sep-2015, 15:00
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
I suspect that if we switch to running wets next year, we may see people from CB500s, MiniTwins etc coming across.

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 04-Oct-2015, 10:55
Bikes: 98 916, 2006 Blade, DD Class B #20

Should we put an advertising board in the DD paddock ? Details of costs etc, tempt extra people in, or use the power of social media to advertise the series, maybe a separate DD facebook page with pictures of all bikes currently for sale in one place, pictures of social nights in the paddock etc, be good to get enough new people involved to keep our own grids, if we can arrange it now we may have stronger grids for 2016
Old 04-Oct-2015, 12:34
Mille
Bikes: Class B 600ss #99

I think That's a good idea Mykal. Something like the ever wanted to be a DesmoDue racer thread on here or the flyer I think people have printed off and handed out. Something along those lines and get as many people sharing it on Facebook etc as much as possible