Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Dec-2004, 09:30
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
demo due bikeshare?

hi am new to the forum and am interested in the desmo due racing i like the concept of budget racing(is there such a thing?) i have read the rules about what mods can be done to the bikes etc but what i'd like to know is or would it be possible for two riders to share the same bike ?as there are two races at most meetings this may work out an even more economic way of keeping the cost down to some of us more impoverished would be racers ?maybe run a one bike two man(sorry person) team concept?maybe its too late to arrange this for next seasons racing cos i appreciate the hard work some of you guys have done to get this far in arranging/organising it all-- maybe food for thought ?
Old 11-Dec-2004, 12:52
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
I vaguely recall that when the Desmo Due series was first mooted, someone suggested this. Sounds a good idea to me. Maybe trawl back through the threads and see who it was and send them a U2U?
Old 11-Dec-2004, 17:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Be a bit hard with the rules of quallifying, each bike and rider has to complete a minimum number of laps to quallify for the race, usually its 3 laps. And now with transponder timing in practice setting the grid position and practice sessions run by class, it would be very awkward to run two riders on the same bike in the same class.
Old 11-Dec-2004, 18:49
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
If memory serves me, the first race with New Era is a trophy race & the second is the points race, so again would be difficult to do.

Chris.
Old 11-Dec-2004, 20:17
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
well assuming i get it all together, i know for a fact i wont be able to make the second round at castle coombe.

so would be happy for someone to use my bike, on a strictly, 'break and mend it by the next round' basis.
Old 11-Dec-2004, 23:17
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
ok thanks for the info no worries can appreciate that it would be difficult to achieve - how many laps are each race?-i've trawled the forum for the answer to that one but cant find it!!!
Old 11-Dec-2004, 23:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Tell you what the Dickie, fuel it up, get it there and I'll ride it
Old 11-Dec-2004, 23:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Club level races are usually 6 to 8 laps depending on circuit length. If you like racing one short race a day would never be enough, neither is two if you ask me, I usually try to do 4 races, couple of years back I was doing 6 races per day at a meeting so on a twoday meet I had 12 races and a big overdraft at the end of the season.