Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Dec-2022, 20:22

New Member - Ducati Monster 821

Happy new year to everyone!

I am a middle age men from Kent! I have been riding bikes all my life. My last bike was a Suzuki GSR 600 that I sold when my first child was born 7 years ago due to lack of use.
Now I am looking to get something cool and easy to drive for occasional trips to the office in central London (home - central London is about 27 miles)
I was considering a new CBR650R, I love the 4 cylinder sound or the Aprilia RS660, amazing bike with the right spec for me, 100hp, quick shifter, not too expensive to insure.
But then I have noticed the Ducati Monster 821. I never loved naked biked but the Monster 821 looks special and high quality and has the right specs for me.

I have found this one at a dealer near me:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202211171767081?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_bikes

Looks great, quite original with a nice GPR aftermarket can.
1) should I have any concern that is a 2015 with 10.000 miles......too old with too many mile or should it still be reliable is properly maintained?
2) apart from tires is there any other major maintenance required at this mileage? I am not familiar with the desmodromic valves. do they need regular adjustments?
3) what should I cheek when I will go to see this bike or similar ones? apart from the obvious: tire wear and date, pads and disc wear, age of battery, leaks, electrics, external damages, engine noise, exhaust smell and smoke, service history etc....
4)is the engine Euro 4....so should be fine to drive in London for a few years?

Thank you so much!

F