Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Mar-2014, 08:09
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

The perfect weekend

First meeting of the season started on Thursday evening with a trip around the M25, drop the bike off in garage no.1 (a good omen) and a catch up with a few of the DDers. Friday test day the weather was surprisingly good some solid times in the morning I was feeling pretty good abut things, the afternoon the track cooled and times weren't so good so was no longer quite so confident.
As predicted early Saturday morning the track was wet but the sun came out and slowly it started to dry helped by the endurance boys going out before us. Now our turn, out we go I'm near the front and slowly build up the pace until we start getting into some back markers, don't improve on the last 3 laps but still good enough for 4th overall and quickest class B bike.
Saturdays race saw almost perfect track conditions, as we line up new boy Matt Lobb on pole, Awesome Lawson 2nd and Chris Clarke completing the front row, 2nd row was me, Jim the Scott. This was going to be tight as three of us qualified within 0.13 of a second of each other. A good start I tucked in behind the three class A boys and got my head down. I held this position for few laps before both Jim and Scott came past, I decided to tuck in behind a wait until closer to the end, with about three laps left I got lucky with some back markers and past Scott and Jim then got my head down using Chris as a target, the chequered flag dropped and I'd won my first dry race.
Sunday was not quite so kind weather wise, the first race was stopped after Chris and Matt crashed at Druids due to a very slippery surface, we reformed on the grid with 2/3s of the front row missing only for the hail to start. The race was delayed until after lunch, we lined up and off we went, another cracking start saw me tuck in behind Awesome just had to keep my head down and count the laps down, another win. Race 3 again had to be restarted after Scott, Kev and new boy Neil dropped it at Paddock as the rain came back in. On the restart I led into the first corner and held that lead for a couple of laps, half way through I pushed past Awesome to retake the lead then Paul Baleta and another new boy Mike Burke joined the fray, a signal from the wife telling me I had a big lead calmed me down so I backed off and left them to it.
Fastest class B in qually, 3 race wins and 3 fastest laps but that's not what made it a perfect weekend.
Catching up with old friends, the banter, close but fair racing, kudos to the rookies for what were very tricky conditions for their first meeting, Mykal for managing to get the bike repaired and get back out for the restart of race two plus the permanent grin, Phil finding his mojo, the people who follow and come and support us DDers and last but definitely not last Dean, Phil and the rest of the Team Wilco family make DD what it is the best paddock to be in and why I had the perfect weekend.
Old 25-Mar-2014, 23:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sad to say Andy I was to far back on race day to see you get your wins, did spend a session on Friday right on your back wheel though, watching you and Jim taking pot shots at each other

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook