Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Mar-2015, 14:05
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Awesome report #1

My first weekend with number 1 on the front!

First of all, it was good to be back at a circuit with all my mates, and it was bloody nice to see you all taking the **** out of each other as usual.

I've not had any real aspirations for the championship this year, I've not even decided if I'm intending to do all the rounds as there is at least 1 I know I can't make. But. Brands has always been good to me and Saturday went as well as I could hope for with Pole (which I was really surprised to get) and then what turned out to be an easy win in Race 1, suddenly I started thinking about the bloody championship again, I'm thinking, pole and 3 wins would be awesome. Sunday morning came and I was feeling confident although I knew Dallas was as well and Martin is always fast, the Sunday races were 18 laps and as Dallas always seems to get faster as the race goes on, I hoped we'd have a 3 way battle. Sadly with me in the kitty litter, it turned into a 2 way battle with Dallas and Martin, Martin just pipping Dallas to the line. Looking at the lap times I knew I've got the pace to be at the front with them and was looking forward to race 3 so I could stamp my Awesomeness back on the championship. Having 18 laps I took an easy start to race 3 and fell into 2nd place behind Martin, my pit board man, Neal, kept showing that Martin and myself had a big gap behind and was quite happy following Martin working out where I was quicker. We met some back markers which slowed us down a fair bit and Dallas took me completely by surprise on the inside into the Hairpin which upset my rhythm a bit and I got dropped off about 20 meters, then I got properly held up in traffic and lost sight of the leaders completely and had to settle for 3rd.

1st and a 3rd is not a bad result and has left me 3rd in the standings but all a bit of a come down after pole and a win, the mishap was o.k. but left me wanting a win in the last race.

Matt 'awesome' Lawson – Champ.
Old 24-Mar-2015, 13:54
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Nice read Matt and good to see you again. The kitty litter was just bad luck, you had to avoid the fallen rider. Gutted that I'm not out there with you all. But who knows after a year out. But I didn't say that. ��