Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-May-2014, 20:14
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Good times on the isle

Once more a mega weekend was had in the DD paddock.

Qually in drying conditions went well, bagging myself the last place on row 2 in 8th, right behind the uber impressive Mark Hamilton and on the other side of the track from Jim Brian.

Race 1, run in best described as moist conditions, not being the keenest wet rider my aim was to try and stay with Mark and hopefully hang on for 3rd. A semi decent start kept me on Mark's tail until a couple of laps in, a tarmac visit for Steve Newman at Church sent Mark off onto the grass and despite an amazing treck almost down the entire length of the back straight his front end tucked and off he came. A red flag for Steve's bike meant a re-start. A good launch for Jim sent him on his way to an impressive ride and 40s win margin while I was overtaken by every class A bike but held on to 2nd in B.

Sunday warm-up was well worth getting up for, a dry track, all bar 2 rivers accross the track after turn 1, meant I could get my head down and get somewhere near race pace.

Race 2, a decent start and good run around Mark at turn 2 put me 2nd and right behind Jim who made a chuff-up tipping in too quick at Church, he had to stand his bike up allowing me to go past (albeit with my knee on the floor and very tight buttocks as there wasn't much track left outside of him). He regained control and had a go up the inside at Rocket but not quite enough to get past, with the bit between my teeth I impressed myself with consistant times for the next 12 laps. Track-side signals said I had a healthy lead as I caught up to lap Dean and Andy Claridge on the last time around and although it was sooooo tempting to go past and 'salute' them, common sense prevailed and I sat behind to watch their last lap battle to take the chequered flag 11s ahead of Jim.

Race 3, got a flier off the line, underneath Mark at turn 1, round the outside of Jim as well as a couple of Class As at turn 2 and into Church 3rd overall and leading B. As in race 2 I followed the leading A boys (who were joined by Mr Awesome who flew by me up the rise to Rocket as if my chain had snapped!) and 13 laps later another chequered flag and win was mine, made a touch sweeter by getting the fastest lap, 0.5s quicker than my previous best.

Me and Nancy decided to stay on an extra night at the track and had a brilliant chill out, beach fire, drink or 8 and darn good giggle with Andy Blomfield, Trudi, Kev, Roxy, Mrs Roxy, Jim and his family. The 3 top Class B guys of the weekend all together having a drink and laugh, thats what puts DD lightyears ahead of any other paddock.

Big up to Andy C for having the plums to race with 7 broken ribs, sticking to his plan and bringing home decent points. Congrats to Si Allen and Julie for getting engaged and hope anyone with mis-haps gets sorted swiftly.

Till Donny in 5 weeks, take care and thanks for reading! TTFN

Badger.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 26-May-2014, 20:26
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Good write up, good racing and highest point scorer of the weekend

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook