Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted
This section is for DesmoDue Bikes that are both For Sale and Wanted.

Old 03-Aug-2012, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicoops
Seems odd considering how piccy mot guys can be? Can I ask who the insurance was with, or did you not get that far?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it

that wont have 53 horses
Old 03-Aug-2012, 20:46
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm
that wont have 53 horses

Looks like it might!
Old 03-Aug-2012, 21:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Cant see why not, nog wont have spared the rod
Old 04-Aug-2012, 10:56

Mood: Elated
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicoops
Seems odd considering how piccy mot guys can be? Can I ask who the insurance was with, or did you not get that far?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it

MOT man said that if it isnt present it cannot be tested and therefore cannot fail on the item. He insisted that the plate/reflector/horn had to be there and the horn couldnt be the old fashioned plastic air bulb squeezy job (not sure what the correct term for those is!) it had to be electrically operated.

MOT is stamped with an advisory;

001 No lights fitted at time of test
002 Daytime use only

So if you got caught out late in the evening or I suppose a foggy day you would get nicked.

Insurance was through Carole Nash and as it was modified they only had one company who would look at it but I forget which. It was £200'ish per year (48, no points, no accidents). I had limited mileage but with no speedo I dont know how they expected to verify that!

Strangley I never got pulled over on it. Often plod would slow down and take a look but usually with a big grin as they went past. I suppose they thought nobody would risk riding something so obvioulsy nickable without tax/mot/insurance being airtight!

Mark
Old 04-Aug-2012, 15:41
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Same here, plate, reflector and electric horn, I got insured through Bennets for £140. Fairing mods and non performance enhancing exhaust was all I had to declare.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 05-Aug-2012, 15:46
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

I thought you needed a working brake light, but with only horn, plate, and refector you could ride to the track with a full tank of gas, lean it against the wall, race, and ride home. Be like 1970's, or was that 1920's?