Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Dec-2006, 12:54
Mille

It's even better in the flesh!!!

Hi all, went to Motorapido yesterday to see my 's coming out of the crate and and what can I say, no picture does it justice!

It's so well finished, absolutely stunning. A few points to mention, i'm 5 ft 7 with short legs and the high seat is not a problem for us shorties as it slopes down a lot. I could get both feet down easily. It also feels amazingly light when you're standing over it and feeding it left to right.

The wheels are an absolute manufacturing marvel, you would not believe that the minimalist spokes could support the rear rim with such an offset. the rear disc is almost in the centre of the rim. They are extremely well finished on the 's, they look anodized rather than painted.

Everything has been lightened to the max, my bike didn't have the screen or mirrors fitted yet and the nose cose sides were extremely flexible due to their thin material. They fired up the demo bike while I was there and the sound is sooo awesome, much throatier than my 999.

The exhaust guard actually looks less bulky than in the pictures, without the flash photography you don't notice it that much as it's black. I thought this would be an eyesore but it looks fine.

The front end loks wicked, not as japanese as I first thought, there are really cool little slitty eye lights as well as the main and dipped lights.

So, off to pick it up tomorrow and try and ride through the fog! I'll get some piccies up if I can.

Anyone else getting theirs this side of 2007?
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:06
Big Twin

You probably won't get many replies to your thread mate, as everyone will be seriously jealous and ****ed off they can't have one yet!!

Definately get those pics up...would love to see some of you picking it up from MR and your first ride...
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:15
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting at the Crossroads......
[quote=Harv748]You probably won't get many replies to your thread mate, as everyone will be seriously jealous and ****ed off they can't have one yet!!QUOTE]

Yet ????

I'm too poor......I don't think I'll ever have one.......
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:16
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
You lucky lucky boy-enjoy the new toy-they are truly awesome.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:49
Mille

I'll try and get some piccies tomorrow on collection but it's so foggy you won't see much!!

Not trying to be a show off BTW, just thought some people might like the actual view of a real punter rather than anything we've all read.

I was concerned about the raised seat height over the 999 but it's narrower towards the tank and slopes down so it's fine. I think even if you were around 5'5' you'd be ok as there is some height adjustment on the rear shock and you can drop the forks a bit.

The tank is plastic by the way, everything on the bike seems to weigh bugger all. Really impressive.

If anyones riding around Hampshire or Dorset tomorrow lunchtime and you see two guys riding 1098's around at sub 5K revs, that'll be me and me mate then. Roll on 1000KM run in, I wondor if we can do that in a day???!!!!
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:53
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
Ah well what you need to do see is come up to Yorkshire and take some photos up here. Not only is there no fog but it also gives you the opportunity to run it in sooner

I rang up for a quote with my current insurers and they never called me back! Must have thought i was taking the mick? I really fancy one and cant wait to see one in the Flesh. However im likely to be waiting on the 848..(?)
Old 21-Dec-2006, 15:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
1000km-thats only 620 miles-you can do that in a day if you really want to.
When I picked up my ST4S in 2001 it was the friday before a bank holiday weekend-I booked the service for the Tuesday and had to take it easy on the Monday cause I had already done too many miles.............
With a new 1098 I should think even with the fog the temptation to ride it will be very great.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 21-Dec-2006, 15:45
Mille

Mood: 1098s is here.... and now dirty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossa
I'll try and get some piccies tomorrow on collection but it's so foggy you won't see much!!

Not trying to be a show off BTW, just thought some people might like the actual view of a real punter rather than anything we've all read.

I was concerned about the raised seat height over the 999 but it's narrower towards the tank and slopes down so it's fine. I think even if you were around 5'5' you'd be ok as there is some height adjustment on the rear shock and you can drop the forks a bit.

The tank is plastic by the way, everything on the bike seems to weigh bugger all. Really impressive.

If anyones riding around Hampshire or Dorset tomorrow lunchtime and you see two guys riding 1098's around at sub 5K revs, that'll be me and me mate then. Roll on 1000KM run in, I wondor if we can do that in a day???!!!!
How excited must you be....... I went to Coventry yesterday to see their demo...... mine in on the 5h January...... agree with all you said about the detail etc...... and at 6'2" I have to say us taller ones wont have a problem either, felt more roomy than my 749. One thing to worry yourself about though, notice the fitted tyres are Diablo Super Corsa's! Not ideal for running in on cold damp January roads!!!!!!!
Old 21-Dec-2006, 16:07
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones
How excited must you be....... I went to Coventry yesterday to see their demo...... mine in on the 5h January...... agree with all you said about the detail etc...... and at 6'2" I have to say us taller ones wont have a problem either, felt more roomy than my 749. One thing to worry yourself about though, notice the fitted tyres are Diablo Super Corsa's! Not ideal for running in on cold damp January roads!!!!!!!
Yeah I noticed the tyres, loads of tread on the sides then!!! NOT!!!!

I ordered termi's and a hugger which won't be here for a few weeks. I think we'll be riding just a little bit carefully with this weather, I binned a Gixxer with 8 miles on the clock before because of new tyres so i'm very cautious!!!

Think I'll look on BBC and see where the sun might be tomorrow and ride there!
Old 21-Dec-2006, 16:36
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Gossa, feel free to pop and have a coffee at my office in Poole if you are on the 1098.....