Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:24
500SD

New bike... bought a 900SS.

Well in the quest for the Holy Grail of finding my love for biking again i decided after some Umming and Ahhhing and a few possible others but have ended up back with a Ducati.

Finances dictated it's not the 1098 that i really want... The Monsters were not doing it for me, the 749 a fraction too expensive and we already have 1 of them, the 749/916 too many potential disasters of rockers so i've plumped for this.

Fuel injected air cooled Ducati 900SS.
12,000 miles and full Ducati history. Looks pretty impressive in the pics, so can't wait to see and ride it in the flesh. They have excellent reports from people who've owned/own one, so i'm hoping it's a cracking machine.

Gives me the scope also for my 2012 plan of doing World Ducati Week in Bologna.

Ticks all of the boxes for me apart possibly from being a bit lacking in Raciness... but that was a conscious decision not to go for 100% radical sportsbike, but a compromise.

Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:32
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Looks very tidy mate. Hope you enjoy it. I've always liked them. Let us know how you get on
Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Its also probably a bit more comfortable than a 748/916 to ride down to WDW week on.
It does look like it was well cared for by its previous owner

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Mar-2011, 16:03
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Nice one Steve, wind up the 900 and Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised with what a SS will do, you may remember I had the SS when we first met at Fox's with Mrs 4D on the back ,not the fastest bike you have ridden but I'm sure it will bring the smile back and the two valver's sound better than the 996's and no surprises when servicing. 4D