Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Dec-2021, 20:56
Mille

Track it or not?

I had a stroke 8 years ago so the superlight has sat in the garage, I put some belt’s in it 2 years ago and it started first time, road riding is probably not going to happen for a couple of reasons so I’m thinking maybe I should take it on trackdays, at least it would get ridden, if so where is the best place to get trackfairings from?
Old 24-Dec-2021, 14:52
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Great idea to take it on track - I actually think it's safer than being on the roads! No street furniture or potholes, everyone is going in the same direction, no junctions!

There are plenty of places to get track fairings from. When I was racing my SS mine all came from a company called Ricambi Weiss in Germany, as they were cheap, good quality and also did race versions without the light holes. However, with Brexit meaning you'll now pay import tax, they may not be as good value.

The DesmoDue race series should be able to help with the best place for new SS fairings, although a lot of the bikes are adapting other fairings to fit, rather than original shape.

If I was about to go and get some fairings the first place I would look is ebay at some second-hand stuff. It doesn't need to be in good shape either, as some glass-fibre repairs and a quick spray of paint will give you a good enough finish for a trackday!

You might also want to think about a spare tank as well, just in case. SS tanks have rocketed in price recently for decent stuff, so again a beater and a can of paint might be your more cost-effective option just for trackdays.

Let us know how you get on, and post up some pictures!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 25-Dec-2021, 21:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Crikey Clive, I hadn't heard anything about you having a stroke

Back when Desmo Due started Tony Brancatto at Charlgrove was making fairings for them, not sure if he still does
I can as in the Desmo Due paddock page on facebook to see if any has any for sale. Andrew Howes put some on his bike this year I can try and find out where he got his but as I know he has a 900SS track bike he may have pinched them off that

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 27-Dec-2021, 02:34
Mille

I started doing trackdays about 2 and a half years ago (not on the sl) as I thought it would be safer on the track as my brain doesn’t work as well as it did.

Good point about the tank, maybe I should just leave the bike in the garage and just use the other bike
Old 27-Dec-2021, 02:38
Mille

[quote=skidlids]Crikey Clive, I hadn't heard anything about you having a stroke

Yes it was a big shock as I had nothing to indicate anything was wrong until it happened,
Old 27-Dec-2021, 09:16
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hello Clive,

Sorry to hear of your woes but, power to you for getting on track.

SuperLights are getting more and more collectable, as I'm sure you know, good 'uns are easily fetching £5K+ these days but, I happened to be browsing and an interesting fairing source:

https://www.redfoximport.eu/onderdel...ywork/fairing/