Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jul-2019, 12:15

748 Values - Summer 2019

Stop groaning; it's not one of those questions!

If you use your 748/916/996 abroad as I do, then you'll need to be properly clued-up on the merits and demerits of European Breakdown policies. Not the most interesting subject in the world but vital for the once in a lifetime episode when you need it !

This morning I learned that bike repatriation from France to the UK is now costed at £3k which means that without knowledge of what your bike is worth, the clause that states: "we will pay up to market value of your machine" can leave you putting your hand in your pocket to get your baby home

The insurers for older models [RAC and AA] use Glass's Guide and our own insurers to guide their decisions but as usual, to us the information can lack transparency. Does anyone here have access to Glass's latest values please?

748's now seem to fall into two categories: those you'd buy and those you wouldn't with service history, condition, originality and owners all mattering more than they used to.

I am trying to determine the value of my own bike for repatriation:
1997 748bp - very, very good condition, 1 owner, every invoice over 22 years, 72500km's and in original condition. Any help will be much appreciated and I hope the thread makes others think as I have been forced to do.

Grazie mille