Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Mar-2009, 17:11
Mille

It's a question of being Proactive or Reactive.

I know which way I would always side.

Reaction is often to late ...
Old 12-Mar-2009, 17:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Then have a race with only three entrants and see how well that goes down.

Aha, the mask slips

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 12-Mar-2009, 17:24
Mille

Mask? WTF are you on Paul?
Old 12-Mar-2009, 17:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Mask? WTF are you on Paul?

Diablo Corsas

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 12-Mar-2009, 17:29
Mille

Lol...and STILL not Champion?
Old 13-Mar-2009, 03:12
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
NO NEED TO SHOUT.

A couple of things - Chris Bushell has, love or loathe him, has had a huge amounts of input and action to make this series happen since inception, all as a volunteer to the DSC. So go easy with criticism of actions please.

The DD series has been 'on the edge of destruction' for every year since 2005, but the riders keep coming back because the standard formula works for the 'silent' majority. The annual 'peasants are revolting' conversation over a number of rules will continue I'm sure. Whilst it may appear a clique, to others, it may just be a group trying to continue with the successful formula. The earth has been promised before, the grass is always greener, the current reality is very, very good though. A wise 'snake' once said, evolution not revolution is what is required.

Good luck all.

Can we go race yet?

Last edited by Chris Wood : 13-Mar-2009 at 05:39.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 04:57
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Looks like you are doing a good job test with these tyres and I think you need to go back to them and ask them to approach the club in an official way when they got your test information and other tests, then the club can officially tell them what we need from legal stand points etc,. If they could then tick all the boxes then it’s possible it could be put before the rides to see if they wanted to use them. As far as I know, no other tyre than the ones we use have been able to tick all the boxes we need i.e. speed rating, use in wet and dry, etc.

Personally I think I would want to stick to what I know and spent time using and would take a lot of convincing to change

Please don’t let me put you off your testing as it sounds like your learning a lot from them and will be interesting to hear what they been like on DD bike from you at Donny. I know of a few people that tried slicks and went 5 seconds a lap faster straight out of the box.

What I would say on a personal view is that I real like the tyres we got and never caused me problems and I don’t think I would want to change as I know there limits. I don’t even think I would be changing to the roso is they were available unless I was having my arse kicked on the track by someone using them or I was forced to as non stands left. This is because personally I would have to get to know the new tyres and for me it something that’s always taken me a long time and a few crashes till I know what I can do with them. The roso would be good place for me to start with new tyre as it should be a close match to the standard in terms of performance

Finally just like to say its good that come up with an idea for DD and I think you got best interests at hart. I think Chris has only tried to stick to the official line with what we got for this year that cannot change.

See you at Donny

Last edited by Dominic Clegg : 13-Mar-2009 at 05:02.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 06:45
Bevel Head

What's this ridiculous business about using Maxxis, who's ever heard of them, Pirellis rock, leave well alone! I can't wait for the Rossos to be available, HOORAYYY! They'll be even better!
Old 13-Mar-2009, 06:54
Mille

Dom, I am not criticising the Pirellis at all.....I PERSONALLY may not like them, but PLENTY of riders quicker than me do, so its not criticism of the tyre itself. My beef is MERELY that we can buy BETTER tyres, more cheaply. Holbeach want £160 a pair this year, I just bought a pair for £136.50, and its hardly what I'd call 'series support' let alone sponsorship. We all HAVE to run with Pirelli stickers and get nothing for it. Chris told me that the Pirelli 'sponsorship' runs to the cost of the cups. Thats it. Well, Maxxis are up for supplying a suitable tyre, at a low, supported cost to riders in the series, to supply trophies and prizes too. And they WILL, once we have established that their tyre works in wet and dry without warmers, AS THEY CLAIM IT DOES, be in a position to put a proposal to the RC, as I outlined in earlier posts. NOTHING here is being done in an underhand manner, this all started when we couldnt get Diablos at the end of last year, and Gordon and I chatted about what possible alternatives we could source, and Maxxis WILL be approaching the RC officially, once they are happy that their tyres work on a DD bike.
I am ONLY interested in getting a good deal for all riders, which I dont think we have right now, and nothing seems to be done to do anything about that. The riders are the ones that PAY for the privilige of riding and as we continually have the 'low cost formula' of DD rammed down our necks, here is a way to reduce that cost for the riders, which is why I dont understand the vitriol......
If you want to know how they perform on a Class B bike then come and see me at Donington...I will bring the tyres I have used with me so ANYONE can come and look. I hope the set going on a Class A bike will have been tested by then too, so we'll have some idea for Class A too.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 07:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Question

Quote:
Holbeach want £160 a pair this year, I just bought a pair for £136.50, and its hardly what I'd call 'series support' let alone sponsorship. We all HAVE to run with Pirelli stickers and get nothing for it. Chris told me that the Pirelli 'sponsorship' runs to the cost of the cups. Thats it.

So:

136.50 + fitting + transport to and from your local tyre shop + time = what exactly.?

or:

160.00 for Holbeach, are at every NE round, can and do: fit tyres quickly, overnight, last minute requests, pay later on the phone, bring them to the rounds with your name on them. And supplied a free set for end of year prize in 2007.

Pirelli fund the club's DD trophies and we run their tyres and stickers, no harm done to anyone.

IMHO If I was back in DD again, I would run NEW tyres at every round, the difference between new and used tyres is worth a second a lap, easily. Any tyre that lasts longer, by definition may not be up to that mark.

Can we race yet?