Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 22-Aug-2020, 13:01

New member with a question!!

Hello all , I thought I had already done the intro thing but better late than never ! I’m an ex Ducati owner re-entering the fold . My first Duc was the old ( 1978 ) cooking version the 900 GTS . Like a lot of blokes I then gave up bikes for cars for purely practical reasons . Later in life I fancied a classic car and ended up buying a Austin Big Seven , hence my moniker . Eventually selling her gave me the opportunity and cash to get back into bikes so I continued in the classic vein with a BSA Golden Flash of 1952 vintage , a modern Royal Enfield 500 Bullet , a side valve BSA M20 and most recently a Honda 550 / four . Realising this wouldn’t give me a comfortable cruising speed ( without having my head shaken of my shoulders ) , I started thinking about a machine with a fairing . Having a soft spot and good memories of the famed Ducati handling and grunt I have added a new horse to the stable , an ST4S ... actually make that what seems like several hundred horses !! , after riding a side valve of 1951 vintage .

Anyway , that’s pretty much me and bikes . A question if I may tag one on , does anyone know the part no’s for the belt tensioner bearings as I’m having new belts fitted??. Cheers
Old 23-Aug-2020, 06:26
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sleepless of Hartlepool here, at least I can try and do something more useful that just browsing at this crazy time of a morning!

Ducati Ohmaha have a great online parts listing thats very easy to use here:

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/ducati-oem-parts

I've looked at the 2005 ST4s info (page 26) for the very last version and see that the tensioner and plain bearings have different numbers:

702.5.022.2A and 702.5.001.5A (they might actually be identical, its a 'Ducati thing'...

70250222A - BEARING - Regular price $37.19: with a price, usually means available.

Popular wisdom used to involve removing the bearing and taking it to a 'good' bearing stockist and getting an FAG or SKF similar or better spec bearing but for fairly critcal stuff like this - thats obviously your choice.

Speaking of which, for a good European Ducati source try here:

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_...ducts_id=54798

Good Luck.
Old 25-Aug-2020, 11:02

Thanks Frank, sorry to hear about your insomnia ?? Or are you just another unfortunate who has to work daft hours ? Omaha Ducati site was very useful thanks
Old 25-Aug-2020, 13:28

Does anyone know the SKF no for the timing belt tensioner pulley bearings ?