Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Aug-2019, 20:15

916SPS Fogarty Replica Owners

If any one was fortunate enough to have bought one of the 916SPS Fogarty Replica's from new could they please let me know as I have a question for them. Thanks
Old 13-Aug-2019, 11:39

If any of you have owned a genuine 916SPS Fogarty Replica from new, can you tell me if it came with any of the following Ducati Warning/Caution decals labels fitted to the Screen (label No1), Mirrors (label No2) and Tank (label No4) during transit? See attachments. It came with the other Ducati Warning/Caution decals labels Nos 5 and 10 ( obviously excluding the US emissions ones as it was a UK only Bike) but I would like to know specifically about Nos 1, 2 and 4? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf page 91 92.pdf (369.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf page 80.pdf (90.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 14-Aug-2019, 14:01
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
As far as I know, all the bikes built at the factory (including at this time) would have had a designation of UK as the country; specifically because they would require the UK version of the headlight.

I would not have expected any UK bike to come with these decals as they would have been applied at the factory to US bikes only, the same as fitting the emissions evap canisters.

I'm not sure if any further prep (apart from PDI) would have been done in the UK by Moto Cinelli (as the importer) before they were delivered to the customer.

It's probably worth looking for any marketing materials from the time (publicity/press shots) to see if they are on the bike.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!