Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2011, 20:34
Big Twin

Things that make you smile...

Just been led in the bath thinking about Oulton TD last Saturday. Anyway it was time for the (extremely wet) 3rd session and in my haste to get out there I ended up at the front of the queue with the Mr " I'm on wets with tyre warmers, Japanese, 300BHP, I'm fast as fook", Carl Fogarty types.

So as we are sat waiting the guy in front of me to the right looks round (as you do) and glances down at my front wheel. He then leans over to his mate, taps him on the shoulder and points down at said wheel. Over my ear plugs I hear him grunt "he's on road tyres" and then the laughter starts, only to be joined my the guy on a wet tyre clad green presumably Kasawaki pocket rocket next to me.

The nice man says away you go boys so Fu Man Chu and his buddys set off down casscades like the police (not the group) are in hot pursuit.

On the second lap under braking at Shell Oils I pass Mr Kasawaki on the outside and disappear into the distance after his comedy partners.

I wonder if he still thinks my "road tyres" are so funny.
It did make me smile though.

Then I fell off.
Track day god to gimp in a matter of hours.

Love it.
Old 03-Mar-2011, 21:07
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Just been led in the bath thinking about Oulton TD last Saturday. Anyway it was time for the (extremely wet) 3rd session and in my haste to get out there I ended up at the front of the queue with the Mr " I'm on wets with tyre warmers, Japanese, 300BHP, I'm fast as fook", Carl Fogarty types.

So as we are sat waiting the guy in front of me to the right looks round (as you do) and glances down at my front wheel. He then leans over to his mate, taps him on the shoulder and points down at said wheel. Over my ear plugs I hear him grunt "he's on road tyres" and then the laughter starts, only to be joined my the guy on a wet tyre clad green presumably Kasawaki pocket rocket next to me.

The nice man says away you go boys so Fu Man Chu and his buddys set off down casscades like the police (not the group) are in hot pursuit.

On the second lap under braking at Shell Oils I pass Mr Kasawaki on the outside and disappear into the distance after his comedy partners.

I wonder if he still thinks my "road tyres" are so funny.
It did make me smile though.

Then I fell off.
Track day god to gimp in a matter of hours.

Love it.

PMSL Neil, but you were going well. I'm tipping you for the gong this season.
Old 03-Mar-2011, 21:23
Big Twin

More like a Gonk....
Old 04-Mar-2011, 12:42
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Neil,

It does fill you with a bit of pride when you stuff them doesn't it, used to have the same problem when I rode my 400 on trackdays, but always came back smiling from cutting people up on wets (passing fairly in my opinion).

There are a lot of good fast guys out there, and there are those with money and very little ability, and I do like annoying the second type too!!!!

Oh and when I passed them on the "old dinosaur", that really annoyed them!!!

I have booked time off work so I can make Mallory, so I will be there to try to steal your Gong, Gonk, or whatever else is available!!!!

Cheers,
Steve

P.S. All The Best to everyone this year.
Old 04-Mar-2011, 13:09
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
is that a 1000?

The question I get asked all the time is What is that? is it a 1000?

I lie a bit and say its only got 40bhp but they don't believe me.

Matt
Old 04-Mar-2011, 13:35
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew

Matt

as much as that? Dont lend it to Craig, he won't know what to do with all that power after his!!
Old 04-Mar-2011, 13:49
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew

Matt

Steve Klee and me at Mallory last year had that, peeps thought we were on 750/900's
Old 06-Mar-2011, 16:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
took the multi out today, 1st time in 2 months and only 3rd ride....

on way home, usual new R1 type tail gated me a little then blatted past on the straights, obviusly thinking these touring type things are no match for hi machine....he did look shocked when he looked in his mirror at aroound 120 going thru a few quick corners and aw me feet from his arse....

I'd forgotten waht it was like to ride a tourer and surprise the occsional tear arse sports bike rider, childish I know and maybe a little on the edge but hey....made me smle so much I cleaned the bike when I got home, figured she deserved a good scrub
Old 06-Mar-2011, 20:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
took the multi out today, 1st time in 2 months and only 3rd ride....

on way home, usual new R1 type tail gated me a little then blatted past on the straights, obviusly thinking these touring type things are no match for hi machine....he did look shocked when he looked in his mirror at aroound 120 going thru a few quick corners and aw me feet from his arse....

I'd forgotten waht it was like to ride a tourer and surprise the occsional tear arse sports bike rider, childish I know and maybe a little on the edge but hey....made me smle so much I cleaned the bike when I got home, figured she deserved a good scrub
I was out on my GS500 this week when a bike came past so fast I wasn't sure what it was, but knowing my favourite set of bends and a great roundabout was up ahead, I cracked open the throtle and took off in persuit, By the time I had got to the said set of bends the R1/6 or what ever it was, was out of sight, I never saw it again. I guess when he/she looked in his/her mirrors they wern't supprised at all