Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Aug-2011, 19:12
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
next year?

maybe its a bit early, or I'm a bit bored, but what's the plans for next year racer people? Giving up...staying in A/B...moving to A...moving to another series....

me, I'm considering two options; if by some miracle I manage top 3 this year then I will move to A (providing there still is an A!) if not then I'll be stripping bike bare, lightening and tidying and getting the engine done (or if a good one comes for sale sell mine and buy theirs ) and having a go again next year

If I move up, think sell and buy is the best route - otherwise its lots of work and expense to replace the parts, add better suspension etc etc

whatever happens, gym is gonna get spanked and diet will be extreme! min 15 kilos from me and 10 off that bike...that should help

Last edited by bradders : 26-Aug-2011 at 19:17.
Old 26-Aug-2011, 19:49
Big Twin

Well if the buzz in the paddock is to believed then class A will be the place to be next year. I have heard of at least 3 moving up and 2 new riders.

For myself Oulton was going to be my last race with the bike being for sale at the end of the day.
However, the draw of DD is to much and I have decided to keep the bike and race again next year, not all the rounds though . If they are on the calender then
Oulton
Cadwell
Anglesey
Mallory
Donnington?
Silverstone?
Old 26-Aug-2011, 19:58
MotoGP God

have to say Neil, one of the draws for me is seeing if I can manage your corner speed...not sure I could cope with your hard racing style tho

if I cant get a decent race-prepped bike----guess it will be engine swap and work work work!!
Old 26-Aug-2011, 20:03
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
If things stay as they are, then I will be there next year for the rounds I can make, if there are changes then no point in me travelling down when I can race mini-twins in Scotland with the bike and save myself a fortune.

I know of 3 people considering coming to DD, possibly 2 Class A and 1 B or 1 Class A and 2 in class B. Obviously depending on bike availability.

And there seems to be a least 2 who have said on the website that they are going to have a dabble for next year in Class A
Old 26-Aug-2011, 20:36
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Well if the buzz in the paddock is to believed then class A will be the place to be next year. I have heard of at least 3 moving up and 2 new riders.

For myself Oulton was going to be my last race with the bike being for sale at the end of the day.
However, the draw of DD is to much and I have decided to keep the bike and race again next year, not all the rounds though . If they are on the calender then
Oulton
Cadwell
Anglesey
Mallory
Donnington?
Silverstone?

How about Knockhill....
Old 27-Aug-2011, 07:38
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Quote:
How about Knockhill....

Now your talking, wet racing with slicks on as per Mr Rutter!!!!!
Long way to travel, it will probably rain at some stage if not already raining, but it is a great track to ride with elevation change, off and on camber corners, and most importantly about 5 miles from my house!!!!

Hottrax did race there a few years back, but think it was a bit tight and twisty for the endurance racing.
Old 28-Aug-2011, 17:20
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Next Year

I'm planning to be there, in the A's.
Old 28-Aug-2011, 17:41
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spjallen
I'm planning to be there, in the A's.

If it's any help I have booked a TD at Anglesey on Sat 1st Oct and Oulton on Sat 29th Oct. I will be there with the DD bike and you are more than welcome to come along and join in the fun.
Old 28-Aug-2011, 17:48
MotoGP God

Quote:
If it's any help I have booked a TD at Anglesey on Sat 1st Oct and Oulton on Sat 29th Oct. I will be there with the DD bike and you are more than welcome to come along and join in the fun.

bring yer wets!!
Old 30-Aug-2011, 16:42
Mille

Quote:

not even going to ask why you are out in Anglesey in October, surely that cant be good for your health?