Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 27-Aug-2006, 19:19
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Pretty much spot on, in honesty the class B version was a tad more detaild so covered off more of the questions, it is just a case of making sure that those that are also covered in the class A version are put out as results of the originals rather than being asked again. I have some of my own to add to the list and will be sorting it as previously stated.

Tidying up loose ends is going to be helpful as it allows people to start making their decisions whether to ride in the series next year, do bear in mind that we still have 2 rounds to go and it is only August.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 19:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
.....we still have 2 rounds to go and it is only August.

..till Friday

and many asked for the mech rules to be locked down in may

dont think you need to even think about limiting entries when we are now struggling to fill grids
Old 27-Aug-2006, 21:10
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I run a website all on my own, everything that is on that website has been gathered, put together, written by, requested, chased up, searched for... by me - one person!

Exactly, its all down to you, no responsibility or accountability to anyone.

Pretty enviable position to be in isn't it ?

I'm not saying that you've done anything wrong but its all been your own decision making whereas I'm officially accountable to the riders on the one hand and the MT on the other. I have to do quite a few more things than are immediately apparent from what is posted here and have to take the rap if it goes wrong.

Maybe thats why I'm being careful in how I present the next stage of the decision making process ?

This isn't a snipe at you but my take on the situation we each find ourselves in.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 21:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Exactly, its all down to you, no responsibility or accountability to anyone.

The point I was trying to make, was that I manage to do all those things on my own, amongst a whole heap of other things and websites I run (over 20 sites and forums), and I can still do it and work full time (and I was doing it before my unemployed spell when I was working 14 hour shifts for 2 years!!).

So there is no responsibility in getting the points table correct? No accountability in writing a a wikipedia page, commentator crib sheet, news reports... The DD Racer site may be 'unofficial' but there is a lot of responsibility and accountability that goes with it.

I don't slap any old cr#p on there. It may be unofficial, but it still reflects on the club, and therefore it is run in such a way to promote the race series responsibly.

Quote:
Pretty enviable position to be in isn't it ?

Ummm... I think that's a dangerous statement, and I disagree strongly. I may come back to this.

So enviable that nobody else is doing it!

Quote:
I'm not saying that you've done anything wrong but its all been your own decision making

That's called being pro-active. You should try it. You could have started with a commentator crib sheet back in March - you didn't, but you found fault in me doing one. You could have provided race reports for BSN (they've been asking) - you didn't. You have written nothing for the race programs. In fact, from a PR point of view, I think you've failed DD big time!!

If I had to wait on the MT, nothing would ever get done. I truely believe that, and that's one of the many reasons why I'll keep the DD Racer site independent.

Quote:
I have to do quite a few more things than are immediately apparent from what is posted here and have to take the rap if it goes wrong.

You must have a box full of wraps then. Seriously Paul, how long does it take to write a questionnaire? Most of the questions are blatantly obvious and could be listed in 2 mins. If you don't know what they are, then you're not doing your job correctly. You represent me, and I am at the mercy of anything that you do or do not do, and I feel let down! As well as insulted and antagonised regularly.

Quote:
Maybe thats why I'm being careful in how I present the next stage of the decision making process ?

I think that's b#ll#cks. You're just slow. It's an MT trait.

I'm really at a loss and can't understand how something so very important that affects 40-odd people who are spending £200,000 a year can be run with such careless abandon.

This is so very important to us riders. I can see why some people may not be that bothered by it, or think that we're making a mountain out of a mole hill, but what we have could be so flaming good, and I think it's lost down a dark ally right now, and that upsets me.

Last edited by domski : 27-Aug-2006 at 23:48.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 21:59
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
dont think you need to even think about limiting entries when we are now struggling to fill grids

I'm working on that, Roy748 may be with us next year

(I will lend him my DD back for the DH memorial if me forks are back together)
Old 27-Aug-2006, 22:35
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
I'm officially accountable to the riders

Is that right?

Which riders are in a position to hold you accountable?

You weren't voted in by us, and can't be voted out by us. I don't see how you are accountable on that basis. What do we do? Send an email to the official DD address I suppose? The one that only you reply to.

You nominated yourself to look after DD this year (or as good as), and unless your MT peers ask you to step aside (which they wouldn't do) then it's only up to you to decide whether to stay or not.

On the other hand, every member has to act in a responsible manner, as we most certainly are accountable. Not only that, but you feel it's your perogative to insult your members, and no doubt we can be banned from the club as well. I can't see how the members have any say in anything. The whole MT system is a complete shut out.

I'll tell you something 100% true. If the DesmoDue series was a business and not a part of the Ducati Sporting Club - you'd have no customers by now.

It's a miracle that there are 33 entries for Snett, but it's not that great when we had over 60? registered riders in March.

Something isn't working right is it?

If I didn't care about it, I'd happily sit back and watch it disappear into obscurity, so don't come out with the old "Domski is a trouble maker" cr#p.

SOMEONE needs to do SOMETHING to SAVE DD!!!!!
Old 28-Aug-2006, 10:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski

SOMEONE needs to do SOMETHING to SAVE DD!!!!!

exactly

am seriously thinking not to carry on next year, but maybe move across to another organisation which has rules in place and we would know where we stand (like it or not) the constant changes here are getting so many people a bad reputation every time they speak out.
I battled last year, it seems its your turn this year Domski. If anyone dares to speak out as you say, you are just labelled as a trouble maker and it seems that someone within the heirachy of the club will do their utmost to make you leave of your own accord so they cannot be blamed and therefore its just another trouble maker that has 'left' & no loss to the club.

I love this series its the best I have been involved in (and I have done quite a lot of motorsport) I think most people in the paddock know my passion for being involved, but each person can only take so much of the 'will we wont we' and the like. I try to keep out of things on the message board these days, as I dont want to bring the club into 'disrepute' - and we both (CK & I) plug the club where ever we can.

For example what ever happened to a tyre company in our area - always supported the club in anyway they can, giving members discounts on tyres, supported quite a few DD'ers, gone to a couple of race meetings last year and other events such as Popham, used to do the trackdays, and since a member of the MT visited him he has fallen from grace in 2006. This is all conjecture and cant be proved tho.

Someone who offered their services several times last year as a mechanical inspector in the paddock has not even had the courtesy of a reply from last years RC. This chap is a very thorough mechanic and is an independant club member - why was his offer not taken up?

So, what about all these people who winge about the MT & RC - maybe they SHOULD be given a chance to help out, even on a temporary basis to experience the the alleged problems on the other side of the fence and thus be able to dilute some of the heavy work and flak the MT/RC appear to have, judging by your comments..

I would be more than happy to help the RC in getting a good rapport with New Era and in also getting the rules etc locked down for next year as I have been asking for since the start of this season. I DONT want to see the series down the pan, but I cant see more that 2007 for it right now.

Offer on table.............. offering to work together

Grumpy old git from Woking, NOT CK
Old 28-Aug-2006, 10:27
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
I would be more than happy to help the RC...

Offer on table.............. offering to work together

Grumpy old git from Woking, NOT CK

Nice one Alan.

I too made an official and totally genuine offer to Monty on thursday, to help the RC in a media type roll.

Still waiting for a reply though.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

At least it's only August
Old 28-Aug-2006, 11:17
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
lets just get the questionaire out and take it from there. if paul is too busy then maybe he could pass stuff onto dom to help out.

all the rules were talked about very early in the season and most competitors were happy to sort it all out then, and i remember well comments such as 'well were not even half way through the season yet' now look where we are why not get things sorted quickly when people want to? also for gods sake lets put these rules in place for 2 years thens it done.

i have to say things do seem to be over complicated. if people offer their services lets take them up on it.

to be fair dom is a clown and far too bloody quick as a rider but imho he has a huge amount to offer in terms of general running of DD or promotion there of etc etc.

this is no way reflects on the performance or committment of PJ but if people are out there will to help an improve the series lets use them
Old 28-Aug-2006, 14:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
From my view here we have a lot of people with the same goals but all heading in a different direction.
I support PJ and Dumski in all their work. I like the idea of AK helping out too as he does appear almost grown up at times.
So we have enough people willing to help we just need a way of making it happen.
I'd offer my services too, I've already been of help as I loaded the printer with paper that did the rider profiles altho Dom forgot to mention me in that one.....

I would hand the promotion and race reports to Dom, people with any doubts of doing this only have to look at his BBC reports and how well they come out
Closed Thread