Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 21-Aug-2022, 22:30
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post The Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Team concluded private testing at Barcelona (Spain). Bautista ended third while Rinaldi finished fifth

World Superbike | 2022 | Test | Spain | Barcelona (Aug) | Sunday 21 August 2022

The Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Team concluded private testing at Barcelona (Spain). Bautista ended third while Rinaldi finished fifth

Two days of private tests with all five manufacturers of Superbike World Championship ended this afternoon on the "Circuito de Barcelona-Catalunya" (Spain)

For the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati team it was a fruitful test during which Michael Rinaldi and Alvaro Bautista - the Spaniard lapped during the morning session only today) had the opportunity to try new components and to work in view of the Catalunya Round scheduled for September 23-25.

Here are the results of the two days of testing concluded by Bautista and respectively in third and fifth position in the combined standings

Day-1
P2 M. Rinaldi - 1’41.816 (+0.285) - 76 laps completed
P3 A. Bautista - 1’42.211 (+0.680) - 84 laps completed

Day-2
P3 A. Bautista - 1’41.281 (+0.368) - 66 laps completed
P5 M. Rinaldi - 1’41.621 (+6.01) – 83 laps completed

Alvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #19)
"I am satisfied with the work we did in these two days. It was important to get back on the bike after a three-week stop. We tried many solutions some of which could be useful in the rest of the season. Today we lapped only during the morning session also because, after yesterday's hard work, it was important not to stress my hand too much. And if I have to be honest the best news is that I didn't feel any pain today. See you in Magny Cours."

Michael Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati #21)
"We conclude these two days of testing with the knowledge that we have carried out very intensive and productive work. We have tried new solutions with positive results although only the data will tell us if we can use them already this season. I am very satisfied with how things went yesterday: the feeling was immediately excellent. But I am also happy with today's session. We didn't focus on the time attack while in terms of race pace we were incisive. We go to France with great confidence."

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.