Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 03-Sep-2022, 23:27
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Michele Pirro to start from sixth row in the Gran Premio di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini

Aruba.it Racing | 2022 Aruba.it Racing MotoGP | Misano | Saturday 3 September 2022

Michele Pirro to start from sixth row in the Gran Premio di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini

Michele Pirro failed to pass the hurdle of Q1 also due to a light rain that did not let him push in the second time attack.

After a good FP3 closed in twelfth position less than two tenths from the TOP 10, Michele Pirro tried to push in the first run of Q1 but he didn’t find the ideal conditions to approach the top two places. The sensations were however positive but as soon as he re-entered the track, a light rain prevented the riders from attempting a new time attack, thus freezing the lap times recorded in the first run.

Pirro closed #SanMarinoGP qualifying in 17th position and will start from the sixth row tomorrow.

Michele Pirro (Aruba.it Racing #51)
"It was a pretty strange qualifying. I didn't expect it to start raining so in the first run I entered the pit to change the tire a lap early. Unfortunately, then the rain came and at that point, it was no longer possible to register a good time. It's a shame because I could have done a little better. But the level of MotoGP is very high and this is shown by the fact that I will start 17th having set a crono only 7 tenths of a second lower than the pole position. I'll start behind but I'm still confident because the race pace is pretty good and I think I have a chance to score some points tomorrow."

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.