Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 06-Mar-2013, 20:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Snetterton Entries

Currently we have 26 entries for this coming weekends meeting at Snetterton
welcome to the 6 people that are New to DD this year

The breakdown is 12 Class A and 14 Class B entrants

Out of those we have 4 in each class where we do not appear to have received a 2013 Desmo Due registration form.

No Form No points as we have nothing to say you agree to abide by the rules of the series or confirming which class you have entered.

Previous requests have been made by email and the majority have managed to complete the forms and get them to the Race Committee, so thanks to those.

Those riders with the following allocated race numbers have entered Snetterton but have not yet completed a form, I will ask Trudi to bring some blank forms along to Snetterton and I have attached one to this post

Hope everybody has all the required lock wiring, shark fin, twin brake hoses splitting above the bottom yoke etc in place as I will be helping with scrutineering at the weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Desmo Due 2013 entry form v1.2.doc (146.5 KB, 33 views)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Mar-2013, 20:39
Big Twin

Kev, I dare you to pull Dallas for not having his rear caliper pad retaining pin lock wired.

Just remind him of Pembrey 2011.
Old 06-Mar-2013, 22:47
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Currently we have 26 entries for this coming weekends meeting at Snetterton
welcome to the 6 people that are New to DD this year

The breakdown is 12 Class A and 14 Class B entrants

Out of those we have 4 in each class where we do not appear to have received a 2013 Desmo Due registration form.

No Form No points as we have nothing to say you agree to abide by the rules of the series or confirming which class you have entered.

Previous requests have been made by email and the majority have managed to complete the forms and get them to the Race Committee, so thanks to those.

Those riders with the following allocated race numbers have entered Snetterton but have not yet completed a form, I will ask Trudi to bring some blank forms along to Snetterton and I have attached one to this post

Hope everybody has all the required lock wiring, shark fin, twin brake hoses splitting above the bottom yoke etc in place as I will be helping with scrutineering at the weekend.

I am confused now I did the form and paid my £25 back in November also requesting a certain size T shirt. So I don't understand.
Old 06-Mar-2013, 23:05
Mille
Bikes: Monster 796, Class B 600ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
.. rear caliper pad retaining pin lock wired...

Does it need to be lockwired? Or are you just making me even more nervous?

Sump plug, oil filter and something else on the side is lockwired. What else should be?
Old 07-Mar-2013, 01:53
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I am confused now I did the form and paid my £25 back in November also requesting a certain size T shirt. So I don't understand.

Phil where did the DD registration form go. I haven't seen one

and if it makes you mad how do think it makes me feel going through the same process close to 20 times in all and having to double check with Trudi and Antony to see if they have received anything. I even did the form as a word document and not a PDF so it could be filled in on a computer.
Its one form per entrant, which compared to the paperwork Trudi and myself have to deal with is a drop in the ocean
For me it would be better if we did away with the on-line payment then we might get forms accompanying cheques which this year accounts for around 20% of the entries
we then also get people saying they don't receive any of the DD emails, yet they never provide a form with contact details so what do they expect.

Its almost as much fun as doing the paperwork for the Prescott bike festival with its Risk Assessments and getting permission to stay over. Thankfully i didn't have to do a ACU stewards course like Trudi had to.

So a big thanks to Brummy Dave for the only email so far saying our efforts are appreciated
And also thanks to some of the NEW entrants that call ask advice and then thank you for your help.

Old 07-Mar-2013, 01:59
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Kev, I dare you to pull Dallas for not having his rear caliper pad retaining pin lock wired.

Just remind him of Pembrey 2011.

Pembrey 2011 can't recall what happened there with Dallas, that was the bike he had off Jimbers if I recall correctly, Where he suffered running problems all year.
It was there in 2010 that I believe it was Andy Challis that had a rear brake jam on causing the Scrutineers to take a closer look at the rear pad retaining system and wanted to see the pins with the E-clips replaced with something less likely to come adrift, hence me buying a pack of Long M5 Allen bolts and M5 Nylocks.

Old 07-Mar-2013, 08:06
Big Twin

Quote:
Pembrey 2011 can't recall what happened there with Dallas, that was the bike he had off Jimbers if I recall correctly, Where he suffered running problems all year.
It was there in 2010 that I believe it was Andy Challis that had a rear brake jam on causing the Scrutineers to take a closer look at the rear pad retaining system and wanted to see the pins with the E-clips replaced with something less likely to come adrift, hence me buying a pack of Long M5 Allen bolts and M5 Nylocks.

Possily then Kev. It was the fact that he got pulled and I was right behind him in the cue and didn't, oh the look on his face. Classic.
Old 07-Mar-2013, 09:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Ar, the pleasures of organising and being responsible. Boring thankless job, but then peolpe are paying for it with their entry fees and membership.

Been there, done that, no thanks.

See you all there tomorrow hopefully before the first session
Old 07-Mar-2013, 11:43
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
but then peolpe are paying for it with their entry fees and membership.

So is Trudi and I, so why do people make it harder than it need be

Old 07-Mar-2013, 12:02
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring, Honda CBR1100XX Superblackbird (at least it's a red one!)

Mood: Happy new owner of a Mutley !
Quote:

Oops - sorry Kev...I thought I had done it in December. I will bring a completed form along with me today.