Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Mar-2014, 22:47
Bikes: gsx750f

Mood: Happy as a pig in s#@t
my emotional weekend

Where do I begin......
Friday testing went well bike felt good found where the track went was happy at bed time
Saturday came my family arrived time for quailyfing very mixed emotions went out got into the 1.07 not bad at all I thought to myself team ghost pleased job done for now.....

The time came for race 1 this is it the moment my dreams came true ever since I was a little boy but part of me was scared and lonely a hug from my mum,Tracey and a big pat on the back and thumbs up from Phil this is it sitting in the holding area i see all the boys putting black armbands on as a sign of respect for my dad.
I'm sitting on my bike next to kev Palmer I point to the photo of my dad on my fairing kev saluted him I feel calm. The warmup lap comes and goes. Then the lights turn red then gooooooo........
I would love to be able to remember my first ever race but it's all a blur all I can remember is the chequered flag then it hits me we did it dad we did it i break down inside so proud of myself and my family.
Back in lower paddock hugs and emotions are exchanged for the one man watching over me.....

Sunday is now a different day after a good chat with Phil and Andy Claridge I try a couple of different things in warm up feels good.
Race time after delays we get underway lights out gooooooo great race Mark Hamilton and Mykal get past kev Ellis and Tom Roberts if they can so can I, I do the three of us have a great battle swapping places but Mark and Mykal finish ahead of me in wet conditions.
Good safe racing...

Next race I have more confidence lights go out great start I think to myself Mykal tried it up the inside into paddock hill but I just got in before him then the real battle starts for the next few laps closing down on Mark Hamilton not an easy task I was quicker into paddock hill and druids but Mark was quicker around clearways time to be brave I think last lap flag is out through paddock and druids i'm on Marks back wheel a cut back into graham hill and I take him on the inside going into surtees Mark has the faster line I backed off don't be silly I take the wider line and the cut back through clearways i'm gaining we cross the line so so close I finish 0.06 behind Mark Hamilton wow wot a race....

So all in all a mixed bag of lows and highs
10th,8th, and 5th in class for my first weekend as a racer and not Ghosts spanner man

I would like to thank all of the DD family, my family who have been through it all with me Phil Wilcock just for being a true LEGEND.

Most of all my DAD to whom I owe it all to thank you dad for watching over me keeping me safe. I dedicate this one for you.
Old 26-Mar-2014, 00:12
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Well done- that was a cracking first time out- you've done him proud!!!