Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 27-Nov-2022, 01:29
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Piero Ricciuti ends the 2022 MotoGP eSport Global Series season as runner-up

MotoGP | Friday 25 November 2022

Piero Ricciuti ends the 2022 MotoGP eSport Global Series season as runner-up

• The Marche-based e-gamer gets his first win with the Ducati Lenovo eSport Team in Race 1 of the final round of the 2022 season

Piero Ricciuti and the Ducati Lenovo eSport Team finished second in the 2022 MotoGP eSport Global Series, the prestigious virtual Championship contested with the official MotoGP22 video game.

Fifth in the Championship after the first four rounds, Piero made a remarkable comeback in the last round held this afternoon online. In fact, thanks to a spectacular victory in the first race held on the virtual version of the Argentine circuit of Termas de Rio Hondo, the e-gamer from Marche brought the gap in the Championship that separated him from leader Adrian Montenegro down to just five points. Starting with the third fastest time, PieroRicciuti55_ gained the race lead after a few laps thanks to a perfect overtake on his direct rival in the Championship, crossing then the finish line with a second and a half margin over him.

As he was starting third also in the last encounter on the Indonesian track of Mandalika, Piero gave it his all to try to bring home the title. After a series of overtakes and counter-overtakes in the early stages of the race, the e-gamer of the Bologna-based team moved up to second as he tried to catch adriaan_26 in the first place. However, despite being very close, he did not get a chance to try to overtake him, eventually ending the race in second place, less than half a second behind the new rainbow champion.

Piero Ricciuti ends the season as runner-up, 15 points behind Adrian Montenegro.

Piero Ricciuti aka PieroRicciuti55_ (#5 Ducati Lenovo eSport Team):
"I am delighted with this end of the season, although there remains some regret for not being able to bring home the title! I qualified on the front row in both races, but in the second one at Mandalika, I was not as competitive as in the first one at Termas de Rio Hondo. In fact, there were some points on the track where I was losing something. In the first race, I got 5 points off Adrian by winning my first race with the Ducati Lenovo eSport Team. I knew I had a big chance in the second encounter, which would be the Title decider: I gave everything and never gave up until the end. In Race 2, I was second behind my rival in the Championship: I tried to catch him up, but he was very good, keeping up with me and winning a well-deserved title. We close as runner-up in a season that started a bit uphill but that, in the end, gave us a lot of satisfaction".

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.