Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Aug-2011, 20:25
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Fitting Shorty Levers to a Monster 696

After scanning ebay for a few months for a pair of shorty levers for Cathy's 696, i eventualy came up with these levers from this seller.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/abjoner/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

The main reason for choosing these levers over all the others on ebay is that the adjuster and the size of it is the same as the original Ducati item, if you look at all the other ebay levers incuding some more well known levers like Titax, they all have a small non captive adjuster for the mastercylinder plunger, having fitted this type of lever before I found that the actuating rod would catch the edge of the lever when used, also as the adjuster had no method of being secured it could wind in and out by it'self.

Pic 1 is a standard chines lever, you can see the size of the adjuster screw

The second pic shows one of AB Joner's levers fitted, you can see the size of the adjuster screw & you can also see the spring clip that holds it and stops it self moving.

The next pic is the original Ducati lever.

Very easy to fit, adjusted the adjusters so the take up of the master cylinders on both the brake & clutch levers felt the same as the original ducati levers. The adjuster grub screws have the spring clip on them like the original Ducati items, so that when you adjusted them to the correct take up point for the master cylinder actuating plungers the spring clip stops them winding them selves in or out.

The levers when fitted did not flap about by being to slack in the actuating part of the lever, in fact they felt as good as the original ducati items.
I have taken the bike for a test ride, used the brakes hard, trailed them etc and did not find as some people have reported having them lock on.

All in all very happy with them and so is cathy.

Pics of levers fitted.

Chris