Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Dec-2005, 16:56
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Cheers - may well look into that in the New Year then...
Old 22-Dec-2005, 17:22
RCA

Not the same bike, but the result of fitting Akrapvoics & the PCIIIUSB, togther with a bespoke map programmed by the 'Dyno-Jet' gurru up at Jordan Bikes (Leeds), has transformed my R1 from what was already respectable out of the crate, to a bike which now has sublime throttle response and incredible power.

The PC does work, but the mapping is critical.

[Edited on 22-12-2005 by RCA]
Old 22-Dec-2005, 17:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
The PC does work, but the mapping is critical.

That's the truth too. I had a custom map done when the PC3 was fitted, thinking that would be best for it. I had trouble with that and more dyno time didn't sort the flat spots properly. I ended up loading the asym termi map supplied by dynojet and it felt fine. It was for the 2004 model year, which has some changes in the engine, but it feels right. I will get it back on a dyno sometime in the spring to check the fuelling is still ok with that but I suspect it will be.
Old 22-Dec-2005, 17:35
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Quote:
Originally posted by Davieravie
I would say that if youre trundling about in it doing the usual day to day stuff then its not going to make a big difference. If youre doing trackdays then maybe it is. Ive just had my full termis fitted and Im not going to bother with it any more. Its something i did consider. Seems a waste of money IMHO if youre just using the bike on the road.

Have you even checked the fuelling to make sure its nor dangerously lean?

Im pretty sure that if your revving the thing to bits then it will more than likely that it will run lean ie trackdays. If how ever you are using it day to day then theres not really much of a problem. I know that speaking to Charlie in Ducati Glasgow that they more times than not dont fit the Termi ECU and leave the stock one in.
Old 22-Dec-2005, 19:12
Mille

In my opinion the pc111 is the best bit of kit you can get to gain 1st exellent throttle response and 2nd power gains i fitted a 57mm ti leo vince system to my 749r and a pc111 and then asked my local dealer to do a custom map which just turned out to be a map down loaded from the dyno jet site, then i went to jhsracing near bristol who when i told him i was a tech for yamaha then offered to let me watch him custom map my bike, untill i saw it for myself watching some one who knew wot thay were doing with this softwear i just did not realise how much fine tuning and how much you can do with these pc111,s the amount of adjustments that can be made through out the whole throttle opening positions is extensive thats why you end up with great throttle responce, thay are a well worthy improvement to any ducati.
Old 23-Dec-2005, 14:41
Mille

i've had an 05 ecu and a power commander fitted on my 04 bog standard 749s. what a difference miles more mid range grunt

well pleased
Old 23-Dec-2005, 16:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
any time I have looked through the site I cannot find anyone posting power/torque curves or even just stating what their before and after figures are.

I have had one aborted attempt at having my PC111 mapped.

With asymmetric termis and the standard ecu only, my 749 made 100bhp at the wheel. Since then it has been serviced it feels like it is making a bit more than that now. I will be getting the PC111 mapped in February, and will post the results.

In the meantime, does anyone have before and after figures or di you just get improved rideability?
Old 23-Dec-2005, 16:51
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
its a 999 but you get the idea:
Old 23-Dec-2005, 17:21
Big Twin

Don't know what it was on my 749 bip before fettling, but after JHP worked on it, made 107bhp
Old 23-Dec-2005, 18:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by khu996
Don't know what it was on my 749 bip before fettling, but after JHP worked on it, made 107bhp

great, thanks. Will be off to JHP myself. Is your 107 with a PC111 and standard asym. termis?

cheers

Derek