Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Oct-2013, 11:33
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
Straight on at Hatchetts !

I've got it sorted now Roxy, I hope. It was either straight on in that race or straight up in the last race. FFS.
Old 03-Oct-2013, 12:13
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Well, I've tried to stay out of the arguments and ****ging elsewhere on the world wide web about the whole thing.

Personally, I got the original news from Hottrax and was gutted at not going racing, but made myself feel better by booking a few days away in the caravan for the weekend that would have been the last round.

I then got told "something was bubbling" and hoped beyond hope that it wouldn't be at the farthest race track from my humble abode.

Guess what ?

Oh yes, a 700 mile round trip, extra day off work, no more leave entitlement for the rest of the year, not to mention a large fuel bill for the transit van, the endurance race and DD bike and a 6 hour drive each way to get there.

Then the delight of losing the deposit on the camp site I'd just booked.

BUT

I'm going racing and thats what I like to do, so the rest are just obstacles to overcome to go racing.

I've rebuilt bikes in under an hour to get to the starting grid, I've ridden with broken bones and I've limped shitty caravans to the other ends of the country just to do it and all because I love racing.

So a change of venue aint really going to stop me.

I've actually sent an e mail to Hottrax saying thanks for sorting something rather than leaving us thinking what might have been.

So, I'll be supporting the organisers by turning up and will even be buying the Hottrax team a beer at the weekend to say "Well done"

Which as a Yorkshireman, does not come easily.
Old 03-Oct-2013, 12:47
Montjuic

Quote:
Well, I've tried to stay out of the arguments and ****ging elsewhere on the world wide web about the whole thing.

Personally, I got the original news from Hottrax and was gutted at not going racing, but made myself feel better by booking a few days away in the caravan for the weekend that would have been the last round.

I then got told "something was bubbling" and hoped beyond hope that it wouldn't be at the farthest race track from my humble abode.

Guess what ?

Oh yes, a 700 mile round trip, extra day off work, no more leave entitlement for the rest of the year, not to mention a large fuel bill for the transit van, the endurance race and DD bike and a 6 hour drive each way to get there.

Then the delight of losing the deposit on the camp site I'd just booked.

BUT

I'm going racing and thats what I like to do, so the rest are just obstacles to overcome to go racing.

I've rebuilt bikes in under an hour to get to the starting grid, I've ridden with broken bones and I've limped shitty caravans to the other ends of the country just to do it and all because I love racing.

So a change of venue aint really going to stop me.

I've actually sent an e mail to Hottrax saying thanks for sorting something rather than leaving us thinking what might have been.

So, I'll be supporting the organisers by turning up and will even be buying the Hottrax team a beer at the weekend to say "Well done"

Which as a Yorkshireman, does not come easily.

Mark ill buy Hottrax the beer if you tootal off to your caravan site, gives us a chance to move up a position. I TOTALLY agree with your comments .Let the battle commence, Rod (team Ghost)
Old 03-Oct-2013, 13:00
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor
Mark ill buy Hottrax the beer if you tootal off to your caravan site, gives us a chance to move up a position. I TOTALLY agree with your comments .Let the battle commence, Rod (team Ghost)

PMSL, looking forward to the final rematch Mark, of this year I mean.
Old 03-Oct-2013, 13:29
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Rod, I've never heard you offer to buy a beer !

Phil, it looks like even the weather is going to look after us, so lets go racing.

"Firm but fair"
Old 03-Oct-2013, 14:18
Montjuic

Quote:
Rod, I've never heard you offer to buy a beer !

Phil, it looks like even the weather is going to look after us, so lets go racing.

"Firm but fair"

Mark stay behind Phil & and watch me sprint to the bar!!!!