Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Feb-2021, 00:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Its up and running again

After a very long rest in the garage the 998 paid a visit to BVT to get it serviced and up and running.

Had to splash out on a new lid as well, the newest I had was 14 years old
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 998 Jan 21 VS.jpg (587.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 13-Feb-2021, 15:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Beauty! I do love the extra design that they put into the later bikes; the flat sided fairing and the lines of the airbox into the seat look amazing!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 19-Feb-2021, 23:14
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi Ray!

Looking good Sir - glad you have been able to get to Johns and sorted in these awful times.

I think we need a big Ducati get together, when lockdown lifts.

Need something to look forward to!

Cheers
Old 21-Feb-2021, 14:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Looks as good as ever Ray

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Mar-2021, 14:45
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
After a very long rest in the garage the 998 paid a visit to BVT to get it serviced and up and running.

Had to splash out on a new lid as well, the newest I had was 14 years old
what is BVT (something V twins?). I only ask as I am looking for someone competent and reliable to do my belts and valve clearances (998R)
Old 05-May-2021, 13:20
Ducati Corse

Oops only just seen this.

BVT is https://www.facebook.com/CellierBVT/

Very thorough and leaves no stone unturned when looking after my bike. I get a valve/shim report every service.

We have a chat about how what is getting close to needing replacement.

Been the only person other than me to look after my bike for about 15 years or so.

My bike has 28k on it so it wasn't a garage queen unless you count the last 9 years, even then it was buried under stuff and not treated like the object d'art that it is
Old 02-Jun-2021, 12:24
Ducati Corse

Went for the first decent length ride for year and years on Saturday, about 70 miles. Soon got back into watching out for other road users who weren't looking what they were doing more than ever it appears some think they are landing an aircraft and need to be lined up with the centre line markings

Stopped for break up at Helmsley, had a chat with another couple of Ducati riders and some old boy who thought my bike was some sort of new model Ducati, I dont't think he believed me when I told him it was nearly 20 years old.

I didn't wear ear plugs in an attempt to make me keep the speed down, it almost worked

Usual aches and pain that I'd get after a winter of no biking so to be expected after a 8 or 9 year break. Clutch hand was worn out completely.
Old 21-Jul-2021, 07:49
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Slightly slow reply to your comment re:BVT!

John has just done my belts and some other small jobs and looked over my bike. Great service.

If you ever fancy a ride out (might be impressive having two Rs out together) give me a shout via the messenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Went for the first decent length ride for year and years on Saturday, about 70 miles. Soon got back into watching out for other road users who weren't looking what they were doing more than ever it appears some think they are landing an aircraft and need to be lined up with the centre line markings

Stopped for break up at Helmsley, had a chat with another couple of Ducati riders and some old boy who thought my bike was some sort of new model Ducati, I dont't think he believed me when I told him it was nearly 20 years old.

I didn't wear ear plugs in an attempt to make me keep the speed down, it almost worked

Usual aches and pain that I'd get after a winter of no biking so to be expected after a 8 or 9 year break. Clutch hand was worn out completely.
Old 28-Jul-2021, 14:39
Ducati Corse

BVT has looked after a few Rs over the years, I do recall seeing another in the workshop many years ago.

Thanks for the offer of a Rx2 rideout. I'll keep it in mind, I really do struggle to find the time for much more than a ride down to Squires by a "long" route. Lack of time was one of the main reasons the bike was in hibernation for about 8 years or so.