Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 20-Aug-2021, 19:38
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post #NavarraWorldSBK FP. Good start for Scott Redding and Michael Rinaldi in the free practices for the Pirelli Navarra Round

World Superbike | 2021 | Round 7 | Spain | Navarra | Friday 20 August 2021

#NavarraWorldSBK FP. Good start for Scott Redding and Michael Rinaldi in the free practices for the Pirelli Navarra Round

The first day of free practice at the Navarra Circuit ends with Scott Redding and Michael Ruben Rinaldi respectively in third and seventh position in the combined standings, at the end of two sessions that have offered very interesting indications to the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Team riders.

FP1
P3 - Scott Redding starts the weekend on the right foot and he seems to be at ease on the Navarra circuit, especially with the harder tire.
P9 - Michael Rinaldi encounters some difficulties in the first part of the session, especially in the third sector. In the last run with the new rear tire, the Italian rider manages to reduce the gap.

FP1 Results
P1 - J. Rea (Kawasaki) 1'37.629
P2 - T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) + 0.123
P3 - S. Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.164
P4 - G. Gerloff (Yamaha) + 0.453
P5 - A. Locatelli (Yamaha) + 0.468
P9 - M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.913

FP2
P2 - The feeling with the Panigale V4R is good and Scott Redding takes the opportunity to complete a long run, setting the second fastest time and recording an extremely incisive pace.
P3 - With the higher temperature Michael Rinaldi is able to make a great step forward and is the only one in the Top 10 to improve his morning time.

FP2 Results
P1 - T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) 1'38.134
P2 - S. Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.219
P3 - M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.336

P4 - A. Locatelli (Yamaha) + 0.386
P5 - G. Gerloff (Yamaha) + 0.437

Combined Standings
P1 - J. Rea (Kawasaki) 1'37.629
P2 - T. Razgatlioglu (Yamaha) + 0.123
P3 - S. Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.164
P4 - G. Gerloff (Yamaha) + 0.453
P5 - A. Locatelli (Yamaha) + 0.468
P7 - M. Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati) + 0.841

Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #45)
"It was a very positive day and I must admit I had a lot of fun. I completed a lot of laps and even when at the end of FP2 the team asked me to come back to the box, the feeling was so good that I kept lapping then running out of gas. That's good, also because the pace was strong even in the afternoon with the higher temperature".

Michael Rinaldi (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #21)
"We encountered some difficulties today. This morning I didn't have a good feeling with my bike while in the afternoon, on a much warmer tarmac, we were able to improve while the others struggled a bit more. For this reason, I'm quite satisfied even if we have to work to make a small step forward".

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.