Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Mar-2006, 20:15
Montjuic

Mood: Here comes the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original rear shock

Hi all, just in the middle of a rebuild on my 900SS. Thought I'd have a look at the rear shock, tried to compress the unit on the garage floor, it does not move one millimetre, even giving it a sharp tap followed by a big tap made no difference. Could it have seized or is it f***ed. Anyone any ideas, its a 95 with 25K on the clock.
If I need to replace it whats recommended? Hagon do one forr £250ish. Cheers Bri
Old 01-Mar-2006, 20:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Bri, if you take all the preload off the spring and wind the compression and rebound setting to minimum you may get some movement, if not get another shock.
I have a Hagon unit on my DD bike, last time I checked they didn't do a off the shelf replacemen for the early SS but do one for the later SS range which is 5mm longer, giving a bit quicker turning and more ground clearance.
Other alternative is a used unit off a later SS some will be around 5 years old so probably better condition than your original but again it will be 5mm longer
Old 02-Mar-2006, 11:34
Mille

Mood: GETTING RIGHT OFF!!!
ive got a brand new, off the shelf shock in my garage and I tried to compress it. It wouldnt budge a tiny bit...
Old 02-Mar-2006, 20:24
Montjuic

Mood: Here comes the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Skidlids and Paologray, seems like it will probably be ok after all. Cheers, Bri.